FS: Nikon 70-200mm VR Lens (Toronto Area)

Old October 22nd 06, 10:39 PM posted to tor.forsale.misc,ont.forsale,tor.forsale,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
BasilForty

Default FS: Nikon 70-200mm VR Lens (Toronto Area)

Mint Condition
$1500 CDN - No Tax

Henry's want $2050 + taxes for this lens

I also have a like new TC-17E that I used with this camera.

Located just North of Toronto - but can meet up downtown as well.

E-Mail: GG at ParklandConsultants.com

Old October 24th 06, 12:52 PM posted to tor.forsale.misc,ont.forsale,tor.forsale,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Andrew

Default Nikon 70-200mm VR Lens (Toronto Area)

Is this an F4 or F2 Lens?

ups.com...

Old October 25th 06, 07:21 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Wolfgang Exler

Andrew wrote:

Is this an F4 or F2 Lens?

this is an VR lens. you need a F5 or F100 or any of the digital SLR cameras
for using this VR feature

Wolfgang
Old October 25th 06, 02:18 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
michelo

"Wolfgang Exler" wrote in message
Andrew wrote:

Is this an F4 or F2 Lens?

this is an VR lens. you need a F5 or F100 or any of the digital SLR
cameras
for using this VR feature

Wolfgang

So, it is not good for F1 racing?

Old October 25th 06, 08:12 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
William Graham

Andrew wrote:

Is this an F4 or F2 Lens?

this is an VR lens. you need a F5 or F100 or any of the digital SLR
cameras
for using this VR feature

Wolfgang

So, it is not good for F1 racing?

This is probably a joke, but just in case it isn't. I will say that no VR
lens is good for racing....These things stabilize the image due to camera
shake, but have no control whatsoever over the subject motion.....If you are
photographing a sporting event, best to leave your VR lenses at home......

Old October 25th 06, 08:46 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
michelo

"William Graham" wrote in message
. ..

Andrew wrote:

Is this an F4 or F2 Lens?

this is an VR lens. you need a F5 or F100 or any of the digital SLR
cameras
for using this VR feature

Wolfgang

So, it is not good for F1 racing?

This is probably a joke, but just in case it isn't. I will say that no VR
lens is good for racing....These things stabilize the image due to camera
shake, but have no control whatsoever over the subject motion.....If you
are photographing a sporting event, best to leave your VR lenses at
home......

Yes it was. The guy asked for the lens aperture. I was expecting f/2.8 to be
the answer, but instead he received a list of camera body compatibility!
Sorry, I felt like adding one more unrelated F.

Thanks anyway William.

Michel

Old October 25th 06, 09:26 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
William Graham

Andrew wrote:

Is this an F4 or F2 Lens?

this is an VR lens. you need a F5 or F100 or any of the digital SLR
cameras
for using this VR feature

Wolfgang

So, it is not good for F1 racing?

This is probably a joke, but just in case it isn't. I will say that no VR
lens is good for racing....These things stabilize the image due to camera
shake, but have no control whatsoever over the subject motion.....If you
are photographing a sporting event, best to leave your VR lenses at
home......

Yes it was. The guy asked for the lens aperture. I was expecting f/2.8 to
be the answer, but instead he received a list of camera body
compatibility! Sorry, I felt like adding one more unrelated F.

Thanks anyway William.

Michel

Sure....On checking some of the literature on the Nikkor 80 - 400mm VR, I
found out that it will actually work quite well for formula 1 racing....It
will let you pan horizontally in VR mode, and still compensate for vertical
camera shake......I don't own one of these VR lenses, but I might reconsider
buying one of them.....I do a lot of hand held shooting.....

Old October 26th 06, 12:59 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
William Graham

"Rita Ä Berkowitz" ritaberk2O04 @aol.com wrote in message
William Graham wrote:

This is probably a joke, but just in case it isn't. I will say that
no VR lens is good for racing....These things stabilize the image due
to camera shake, but have no control whatsoever over the subject
motion.....If you are photographing a sporting event, best to leave
your VR lenses at home......

Do you think this would be a good time to simply turn VR off? I mean,
since
there is a switch on it. I leave my VR off most of the time anyway, so I
think I might be able to use my VR lenses at the races.

Well, I don't think it will hurt anything....It's just that it might not
help, although, if you pan horizontally while the cars are going by, the VR
will help with vertical shake, so you should probably leave it on......I
only object to ads like the one in the last KEH catalog I got, where they
say the lens is good for three extra stops, and so you can use it for
sporting events.....This implies that it will compensate for subject motion,
and it won't do that....It will only compensate for camera shake. So, if you
are accustomed to using shutter speed to stop motion of moving subjects, you
will still have to do that, and not be suckered into thinking that those,
"three extra stops" are going to do this for you.

Old November 4th 06, 06:06 AM posted to tor.forsale.misc,ont.forsale,tor.forsale,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
BasilForty

I didn't think that Nikon had a 70-200mm F/4 VR lens so I didn't bother
with the aperture info. It's definitely a f/2.8 lens.

Thanks,
Jonathan