How Many Have Switched?

Old February 11th 06, 04:10 PM posted to rec.photo.technique.people

Default How Many Have Switched?

I swore I would never switch, but about 3 years ago went 'all in'. I updated
all our equipment in the stduio,
went with a fully digital workflow, and all our commercial work is now shot
on digital equipment (35mm
and MF). I still have a 4x5 camera, but haven't used it in a couple years
now other than to occasionally
rent a digital back for it for odd jobs.

Stephen

"Duncan Allan" wrote in message
I like both and whilst I have the choice will use both.

These are tools to be used and not a matter of what you should be doing

but
what is appropriate for your needs of the job, pleasure or convenience.

The
end result of satisfaction for yourself and also the client if there is

one
and ultimately being paid no matter what format I use.

Duncan

"Gregory Blank" wrote in message
In article . com,
"wilkie" wrote:

I'm an amateur and I haven't visited this group for around 5 years

now.
Since that time, I purchased a lovely Nikon F3 on Ebay which I used
only twice before buying a digital camera. I haven't used film since.
The convenience of no film and ability to manipulate images using
Photoshop are just too attrtactive for someone like me.

I have had 2 Bar Mitvahs for my sons. Both were shot by pros. The
first, around 5 years ago was shot with a medium format. Beautiful
pics. The second, around 2 years ago was shot digitally. The pics are
colorful and vivid, buty not as "velvety", but the real value was in
the special effects that Photoshop allowed them to do in the album,
i.e., shado dropping, backgrounds, sepia, etc. - a big attraction for
me, the consumer.

I know the film/digital war has been raging in this group forever, and
looking back on some of the posts, there were some people swearing
they'd never ever switch to digital. So, since that time, in the last

5
years, how many of you pros have switched to digital, and were you one
of those who swore thay never would?

I personally do both, and I feel that each merits its own reasons for
doing them, I let the customer and the job decide. If I had to choose
I would stick with film, mainly because scanning is always an option.

The turn around for digital is nice though.

to the American public."--Theodore Roosevelt, May 7, 1918