Android app to remove all location data in bulk

Old June 26th 18, 07:11 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Jim-P

Default Android app to remove all location data in bulk

On Tue, 26 Jun 2018 12:13:18 -0400, nospam wrote:

In article , Jim-P
wrote:

It took me about 10 seconds on Google - including batch removal, but
I'm not about to get in the middle of this little dispute. It would
appear that there is a bit of an issue between nospam and the OP.

I have several Windows apps to do batch or bulk removal but not Android.
Can you confirm what you found on Google is actually an Android app?

My issue here is that I think I caught a whiff of trolling, and the
way nospam is replying to you, I get the idea that you might be a
known troll to him. But I'll take my chances one time, but with a fair
warning that I didn't try this app, and that I am not going to
thoroughly read up on every app on the play store. This one took me
about 10 second to find in a Google search:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...d.photoexifedi
tor

You can't really win on this one. If that app is exactly what you're
looking for, it just confirms what no spam said about your search
abilities. If you tell me it sucks for this or that reason, it just
confirms my suspicions that you're trolling.

Thank you for the link. The app is not what really I want and I think
that's maybe because I haven't explained my need in detail but got drawn in
to a fruitless exchange.

I want an app which will remove all EXIF location data. I may have to
settle for removing all EXIF data of any sort and this distinction has got
a bit lost in the messages although I am as guilty as anyone in this
respect.

you did say bulk exif remover initially:

However I can't find a bulk EXIF remover for Android. In fact
all I want is a bulk EXIF location tag remover for Android and I
haven't come across one.

I think you missed the further explanation in what you quoted where I
wrote: "In fact all I want is a bulk EXIF location tag remover for
Android".

I find the title of a thread is often useful in working out the subject.
If you take a look, you will see this thread is called " Android app to
remove all location data in bulk". I'm not sure how I can make it any
clearer.

Does such nit-picking (and making mistakes when you do) have a purpose?

Old June 26th 18, 07:20 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Jim-P

On Tue, 26 Jun 2018 09:34:27 -0700, Bill W wrote:

On Tue, 26 Jun 2018 14:07:16 +0100, Jim-P
wrote:

On Mon, 25 Jun 2018 10:06:21 -0700, Bill W wrote:

On Mon, 25 Jun 2018 13:16:28 +0100, Jim-P
wrote:

On Sun, 24 Jun 2018 19:19:54 -0700, Bill W wrote:

On Mon, 25 Jun 2018 03:48:13 +0200, "Carlos E.R."

On 2018-06-25 00:28, nospam wrote:
In article , Carlos E.R.
wrote:

However I can't find a bulk EXIF remover for Android. In fact all I want
is a bulk EXIF location tag remover for Android and I haven't come across
one.

then you haven't looked.

I have looked and installed several of the apps I found but none do what I
asked for.

then keep looking, or refine your search terms to get better results.

Why don't you even name one? You claim there are such tools, you must
have used or known them. So please say which and don't tell the asker to
google it.

i gave sufficient clues for search terms to be able to find such an
app. it's not that difficult. really, it isn't.

i am not going to spoon feed him or anyone else, especially one who has
a stick up his ass about searching.

Prove it: prove that those tools exist. Provide the exact name of the
tool, prove a google search query that finds that tool.

I know I know: you have not the foggiest idea.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...hotoexifeditor

You can't really win on this one. If that app is exactly what you're
looking for, it just confirms what no spam said about your search
abilities. If you tell me it sucks for this or that reason, it just
confirms my suspicions that you're trolling.

Thank you for the link. The app is not what really I want and I think
that's maybe because I haven't explained my need in detail but got drawn in
to a fruitless exchange.

I want an app which will remove all EXIF location data. I may have to
settle for removing all EXIF data of any sort and this distinction has got
a bit lost in the messages although I am as guilty as anyone in this
respect.

Initially I took some pictures containing EXIF location data on my
smartphone and later set the camera app not to store location. As I tested
several other camera apps (I am new to taking pictures on a smartphone) I
found some of these apps had defaulted to storing EXIF location data. So I
have perhaps 80% without location data and 20% with.

So I would like an app which I can point at one of my photo folders on
Android (there's only a few of them) and ask the app to bulk clean all the
EXIF (location) data in that folder. Your app allows me to go into the
photo directory and then "select all". I suppose maybe that's how I have
to do it in Android but I was hoping for something a bit like a file
explorer which would allow me to specify the directory to be cleaned.

I guess Nospam will take me to task for not explaining this and the fault
is partly mine but I wish he didn't have such a defensive and accusatory
attitude which prevents communication.

One app I saw showed a list of photos and flagged which ones had location
data which is very useful as, in truth, it is only location data about my
home I want to clean and not the location of a bridge or whatever. However
it had no erase facility.

You sound more like a troll by the minute.

I tend to think I've been trolled by Nospam whose line has been "I know
where the app you want can be found but I won't tell you". It has left me
chasing the info for far longer than necessary.

If you tell a tool to
remove location data from a photo that has none, nothing happens, so
just select all, and have at it.

I think I said exactly that in my last message to you: if I can't strip
out purely EXIF location data then removing all data will do.

Worse yet, you are going on and on
about this, and in the time you've spent here on this, you could have
easily used a Windows app to get the job done many times over.

I am looking for an app which works as I just described and I haven't found
it. Thank you for your pointer to an app but it isn't quite what I want as
I think I explained in some detail above.

It's a trivial matter to copy the photos to your PC, and you might even be
able to work on them with the phone connected to your PC without even
copying them.

Unfortunately it's not trivial because USB file transfer doesn't to work
properly between my smartphone and pc. I have to use Google Drive, which I
much prefer not to on grounds of privacy, because email can only send a few
photos at a time.

You clearly have some technical knowledge on this
subject, you're not stupid, and getting the job done on a PC is a
no-brainer. All of the signs of trolling are here.

I too like to think I am not stupid but if I can't find an app and Google
Play's search is inadequate then why not ask those here who may have
already come across such an app? The problem arose when Nospam took the
attitude that he knew of an app but wouldn't tell me because he mistakenly
thought I was too lazy to search.

On 2018-06-25 00:28, nospam wrote:
In article , Carlos E.R.
wrote:

[...]

An app, not the app.

If you tell a tool to
remove location data from a photo that has none, nothing happens, so
just select all, and have at it.

I think I said exactly that in my last message to you: if I can't strip
out purely EXIF location data then removing all data will do.

This makes no sense. I said to strip location data out of all photos,
whether they had location data or not. You don't need to know which
photos have it.

Worse yet, you are going on and on
about this, and in the time you've spent here on this, you could have
easily used a Windows app to get the job done many times over.

I am looking for an app which works as I just described and I haven't found
it. Thank you for your pointer to an app but it isn't quite what I want as
I think I explained in some detail above.

It's a trivial matter to copy the photos to your PC, and you might even be
able to work on them with the phone connected to your PC without even
copying them.

Unfortunately it's not trivial because USB file transfer doesn't to work
properly between my smartphone and pc.

Of course. It's always something. You could always Google how to fix
that, or maybe just troll another group for advice.

I have to use Google Drive, which I
much prefer not to on grounds of privacy, because email can only send a few
photos at a time.

You clearly have some technical knowledge on this
subject, you're not stupid, and getting the job done on a PC is a
no-brainer. All of the signs of trolling are here.

I too like to think I am not stupid but if I can't find an app and Google
Play's search is inadequate then why not ask those here who may have
already come across such an app?

It makes no sense to search on Play, but I'm sure you know that. It's
awkward, and Google is more effective.

The problem arose when Nospam took the
attitude that he knew of an app but wouldn't tell me because he mistakenly
thought I was too lazy to search.

He never said he know of any specific app.
Old June 26th 18, 09:04 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Jim-P
wrote:

You sound more like a troll by the minute.

I tend to think I've been trolled by Nospam whose line has been "I know
where the app you want can be found but I won't tell you". It has left me
chasing the info for far longer than necessary.

nope.

i took issue with your initial claim that you searched high and low and
found nothing when it's clear you did no such thing.

others found several apps, which you claimed did not exist, in just
seconds.

you were caught lying and now you're desperately trying to avoid
admitting it.

If you tell a tool to
remove location data from a photo that has none, nothing happens, so
just select all, and have at it.

I think I said exactly that in my last message to you: if I can't strip
out purely EXIF location data then removing all data will do.

Worse yet, you are going on and on
about this, and in the time you've spent here on this, you could have
easily used a Windows app to get the job done many times over.

I am looking for an app which works as I just described and I haven't found
it. Thank you for your pointer to an app but it isn't quite what I want as
I think I explained in some detail above.

given that you've rejected the various suggestions, it's clear that you
aren't actually interested in a solution.

It's a trivial matter to copy the photos to your PC, and you might even be
able to work on them with the phone connected to your PC without even
copying them.

Unfortunately it's not trivial because USB file transfer doesn't to work
properly between my smartphone and pc.

the goalposts move even further.

not only are you using defective hardware, but you aren't the least bit
interested in fixing it.

finding an app is the least of your worries, because even if you do
remove the exif, you won't be able to move the photos anywhere.

I have to use Google Drive, which I
much prefer not to on grounds of privacy, because email can only send a few
photos at a time.

there are numerous cloud options *other* than google drive and email is
not private either.

You clearly have some technical knowledge on this
subject, you're not stupid, and getting the job done on a PC is a
no-brainer. All of the signs of trolling are here.

I too like to think I am not stupid but if I can't find an app and Google
Play's search is inadequate then why not ask those here who may have
already come across such an app? The problem arose when Nospam took the
attitude that he knew of an app but wouldn't tell me because he mistakenly
thought I was too lazy to search.

i didn't say you were too lazy.

i said you didn't search very hard, or at all, and the more you yap the
more it becomes clear my assessment was on target.

others found apps within seconds.

what's worse is that you now admit that your searches were done using
google play and not with a more capable search engine, namely google
itself (or bing, for that matter).

not only that, but you *also* admit to having defective hardware and
show zero interest in fixing it.

stupid is certainly a word that comes to mind, among several others.
Old June 26th 18, 09:04 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Jim-P
wrote:

I find the title of a thread is often useful in working out the subject.
If you take a look, you will see this thread is called " Android app to
remove all location data in bulk". I'm not sure how I can make it any
clearer.

a couple of apps were suggested, which you promptly rejected.

do you really expect others to continue suggesting even more apps, only
for you to reject them?

Does such nit-picking (and making mistakes when you do) have a purpose?

says the person who is *still* looking for a solution despite several
options given (not just apps), and who has now admitted there is *also*
a hardware defect, one which he can't be bothered to fix.
Old June 27th 18, 12:55 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Jim-P

On Tue, 26 Jun 2018 16:04:49 -0400, nospam wrote:

In article , Jim-P
wrote:

[...]

Turns out they weren't suitable as I explained.

what's worse is that you now admit that your searches were done using
google play and not with a more capable search engine, namely google
itself (or bing, for that matter).

Google Play is the standard to search for apps on Android. You know that
but are nit-picking once more.

not only that, but you *also* admit to having defective hardware and
show zero interest in fixing it.

Comprehension is not your strong point. I did not mention hardware when I
wrote "USB file transfer doesn't to work properly between my smartphone and
pc". The problem is to do with drivers. Let me guess, you know how to fix
it but aren't going to tell me.

On 2018-06-25 00:28, nospam wrote:
In article , Carlos E.R.
wrote:

[...]

I dont think you have comprehended what I wrote. I said if I can't strip
out *only* EXIF location data then removing *all* EXIF data will do.

Worse yet, you are going on and on
about this, and in the time you've spent here on this, you could have
easily used a Windows app to get the job done many times over.

I am looking for an app which works as I just described and I haven't found
it. Thank you for your pointer to an app but it isn't quite what I want as
I think I explained in some detail above.

It's a trivial matter to copy the photos to your PC, and you might even be
able to work on them with the phone connected to your PC without even
copying them.

Unfortunately it's not trivial because USB file transfer doesn't to work
properly between my smartphone and pc.

Of course. It's always something. You could always Google how to fix
that, or maybe just troll another group for advice.

Thanks for the suggestion but I'm not really interested in looking further
into it because driver problems can be painfully slow to diagnose and
sometimes a driver doesn't exist for a particular OS if it is old

I have to use Google Drive, which I
much prefer not to on grounds of privacy, because email can only send a few
photos at a time.

You clearly have some technical knowledge on this
subject, you're not stupid, and getting the job done on a PC is a
no-brainer. All of the signs of trolling are here.

I too like to think I am not stupid but if I can't find an app and Google
Play's search is inadequate then why not ask those here who may have
already come across such an app?

It makes no sense to search on Play, but I'm sure you know that. It's
awkward, and Google is more effective.

My smartphone screen makes pages found by Google searches too small to scan
easily. Surely you have used a smartphone before and would know to search
for an app in the Play Store?

On 2018-06-25 00:28, nospam wrote:
In article , Carlos E.R.
wrote:

[...]

I know what you wrote. So what is stopping you from doing exactly
that?

[...]

Yeah, it's always something.

I have to use Google Drive, which I
much prefer not to on grounds of privacy, because email can only send a few
photos at a time.

You clearly have some technical knowledge on this
subject, you're not stupid, and getting the job done on a PC is a
no-brainer. All of the signs of trolling are here.

I too like to think I am not stupid but if I can't find an app and Google
Play's search is inadequate then why not ask those here who may have
already come across such an app?

It makes no sense to search on Play, but I'm sure you know that. It's
awkward, and Google is more effective.

My smartphone screen makes pages found by Google searches too small to scan
easily. Surely you have used a smartphone before and would know to search
for an app in the Play Store?

WTF? Use your PC for Google, find an app, and then go to the Play
store on your phone.
Old June 27th 18, 02:22 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Jim-P
wrote:

others found apps within seconds.

Turns out they weren't suitable as I explained.

turns out you moved the goalposts, making the suggestions unsuitable.

what's worse is that you now admit that your searches were done using
google play and not with a more capable search engine, namely google
itself (or bing, for that matter).

Google Play is the standard to search for apps on Android. You know that
but are nit-picking once more.

nope. it's not the standard at all.

it's *one* way to search, not the only way, and one which is inflexible
and produces sub-standard results.

not only that, but you *also* admit to having defective hardware and
show zero interest in fixing it.

Comprehension is not your strong point. I did not mention hardware when I
wrote "USB file transfer doesn't to work properly between my smartphone and
pc".

you mentioned transferring over usb.

usb is hardware.

or are you now going to claim usb ports and usb cables are software?

The problem is to do with drivers. Let me guess, you know how to fix
it but aren't going to tell me.

no, the problem is definitely not drivers.
Old June 27th 18, 02:22 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Jim-P
wrote:

It's a trivial matter to copy the photos to your PC, and you might even be
able to work on them with the phone connected to your PC without even
copying them.

Unfortunately it's not trivial because USB file transfer doesn't to work
properly between my smartphone and pc.

Of course. It's always something. You could always Google how to fix
that, or maybe just troll another group for advice.

Thanks for the suggestion but I'm not really interested in looking further
into it because driver problems can be painfully slow to diagnose and
sometimes a driver doesn't exist for a particular OS if it is old

it's not a driver problem because no drivers are needed just to
transfer photos.

I too like to think I am not stupid but if I can't find an app and Google
Play's search is inadequate then why not ask those here who may have
already come across such an app?

It makes no sense to search on Play, but I'm sure you know that. It's
awkward, and Google is more effective.

My smartphone screen makes pages found by Google searches too small to scan
easily. Surely you have used a smartphone before and would know to search
for an app in the Play Store?

wow.

you're searching on the phone????????????????

that also explains a lot.