Never be a gopher - or why Bret needs a 600mm lens.

Old May 16th 09, 09:53 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Alan Browne

Default Never be a gopher - or why Bret needs a 600mm lens.

http://photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=9142293&size=lg

Gallery: http://photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=691030

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.
Old May 16th 09, 11:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Savageduck[_2_]

On 2009-05-16 13:53:56 -0700, Alan Browne
said:

http://photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=9142293&size=lg

Gallery: http://photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=691030

Linh Dinh, now there is a guy who has had to live with homophonic jokes
all his life.

Good work and impressive captures
Savageduck

Old May 16th 09, 11:57 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Jeff R.

Alan Browne wrote:
http://photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=9142293&size=lg

Gallery: http://photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=691030

God-DAMN! What a gallery!
What do you know about this Linh Dinh character, Alan?

--
Jeff R.
Old May 17th 09, 12:34 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Bowser

"Alan Browne" wrote in message
http://photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=9142293&size=lg

Gallery: http://photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=691030

Man, sucks to be a gopher...

But what a collection! Really nice stuff, even if you're not a BIF fan.

Old May 17th 09, 07:57 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
DMac

Annika1980 wrote:
600mm?
No, this week I need the Canon 800mm f/5.6L IS for my daily
observations of the baby hawks.

Probably better off with a 120 -300 Sigma F2.8 and 2x or 3x Kenko tele
converter. Much cheaper and way more versatile. Comparable quality to a
prime lens with no TC too.
Old May 17th 09, 11:28 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Noons

Alan Browne wrote,on my timestamp of 17/05/2009 6:53 AM:
http://photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=9142293&size=lg

Gallery: http://photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=691030

Oh boy, is that another one
of the "speared" animals?
Old May 17th 09, 04:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Alan Browne

Jeff R. wrote:
Alan Browne wrote:
http://photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=9142293&size=lg

Gallery: http://photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=691030

God-DAMN! What a gallery!
What do you know about this Linh Dinh character, Alan?

Nothing other than those phots. That speaks for itself!

The photography at photo.net is superb and voluminous, just go to the
gallery and hit "top photographer" or "top photos" etc. (various other
filtering can be applied).

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.
Old May 17th 09, 04:20 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Paul Furman

Default |GG| Never be a gopher - or why Bret needs a 600mm lens.

Annika1980 wrote:

600mm?
No, this week I need the Canon 800mm f/5.6L IS for my daily
observations of the baby hawks.

Even more so on full frame. I keep a 300/2.8 Tokina on the old D200 in
my bag, which was not nearly enough to catch this crow fight in more
than smallish web sized:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/edgehil...n/photostream/
If I'd had time to put on the teleconverter(s), it would've been nearly
impossible to frame and focus :-)

--
Paul Furman
www.edgehill.net

Old May 17th 09, 04:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Alan Browne

Bowser wrote:

"Alan Browne" wrote in message
http://photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=9142293&size=lg

Gallery: http://photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=691030

Man, sucks to be a gopher...

But what a collection! Really nice stuff, even if you're not a BIF fan.

BIF?

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.
Old May 17th 09, 04:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Alan Browne

Annika1980 wrote:
600mm?
No, this week I need the Canon 800mm f/5.6L IS for my daily
observations of the baby hawks.

Whichever. Until ya got it, you don't got it.

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.