Multidroplet water lens insect macros - ping Troy Piggens / Bret

Old May 17th 09, 09:17 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Alan Browne

Default Multidroplet water lens insect macros - ping Troy Piggens / Bret

http://photo.net/photodb/photo.tcl?photo_id=6687694

Consider the gauntlet slammed down hard.

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.
Old May 17th 09, 10:56 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
G Paleologopoulos

"Alan Browne" wrote

http://photo.net/photodb/photo.tcl?photo_id=6687694

Consider the gauntlet slammed down hard.

ASTOUNDING photograph!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old May 17th 09, 11:01 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
jimkramer

"Alan Browne" wrote in message
http://photo.net/photodb/photo.tcl?photo_id=6687694

Consider the gauntlet slammed down hard.

If it's covered in that much dew then it's cold and it isn't going to move.
You can break out the tripod, slip on the focusing rail and do lighting test
shots. Color me unimpressed, that is an easy shot... Consider the gauntlet
soaked in petrol, lit, and returned.
-Jim

Old May 17th 09, 11:19 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Troy Piggins[_26_]

* Alan Browne wrote :
http://photo.net/photodb/photo.tcl?photo_id=6687694

Consider the gauntlet slammed down hard.

Some awesome macro images around, and that collection is
certainly up there. I never get tired of seeing that sort of
detail and wonder in nature. Thanks for the link.

Since you seem to be in a mood for checking out galleries, here
are my favourite macro gurus:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lordv/
http://alliec.deviantart.com/gallery/
http://blepharopsis.deviantart.com/
http://dalantech.deviantart.com/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/remus3374/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/liewwk/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mplonsky/
http://flukee.deviantart.com/gallery/

If you must only check out one or 2 of the above, I'd suggest
Brian "LordV" Valentine's gallery, then probably Igor
"Blepharopsis" Siwanowicz and Alistair "Alliec".

--
Troy Piggins
Old May 17th 09, 11:50 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Alan Browne

G Paleologopoulos wrote:
"Alan Browne" wrote

http://photo.net/photodb/photo.tcl?photo_id=6687694

Consider the gauntlet slammed down hard.

ASTOUNDING photograph!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.... well, if you have to understate things...

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.
Old May 17th 09, 11:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Troy Piggins[_26_]

* jimkramer wrote :
* Alan Browne wrote :

http://photo.net/photodb/photo.tcl?photo_id=6687694

Consider the gauntlet slammed down hard.

If it's covered in that much dew then it's cold and it isn't going to move.
You can break out the tripod, slip on the focusing rail and do lighting test
shots. Color me unimpressed, that is an easy shot... Consider the gauntlet
soaked in petrol, lit, and returned.

Jeez, some people are hard to impress

I know what you mean about insects being less active when cold.
That's one of the tricks you learn trying to shoot them.

But give 20 different people of varying experience the same
equipment, conditions, and scene to shoot, you'll end up with 20
different shots. Some good, some bad, some you will like, some
you will not.

--
Troy Piggins
Old May 17th 09, 11:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Alan Browne

jimkramer wrote:
"Alan Browne" wrote in message
http://photo.net/photodb/photo.tcl?photo_id=6687694

Consider the gauntlet slammed down hard.

If it's covered in that much dew then it's cold and it isn't going to move.
You can break out the tripod, slip on the focusing rail and do lighting test
shots. Color me unimpressed, that is an easy shot... Consider the gauntlet
soaked in petrol, lit, and returned.

Only when you outshine that Jim... you've done some nice ones, but
nothing close to that... (me neither).

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.
Old May 17th 09, 11:56 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Alan Browne

Troy Piggins wrote:
* Alan Browne wrote :
http://photo.net/photodb/photo.tcl?photo_id=6687694

Consider the gauntlet slammed down hard.

Some awesome macro images around, and that collection is
certainly up there. I never get tired of seeing that sort of
detail and wonder in nature. Thanks for the link.

Since you seem to be in a mood for checking out galleries, here
are my favourite macro gurus:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lordv/
http://alliec.deviantart.com/gallery/
http://blepharopsis.deviantart.com/
http://dalantech.deviantart.com/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/remus3374/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/liewwk/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mplonsky/
http://flukee.deviantart.com/gallery/

If you must only check out one or 2 of the above, I'd suggest
Brian "LordV" Valentine's gallery, then probably Igor
"Blepharopsis" Siwanowicz and Alistair "Alliec".

Did I ever mention how much I despise Flickr?

Yes, some great shots in those galleries.

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.
Old May 18th 09, 01:00 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Paul Furman

Alan Browne wrote:
Troy Piggins wrote:
Alan Browne wrote :
http://photo.net/photodb/photo.tcl?photo_id=6687694

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lordv/
http://alliec.deviantart.com/gallery/
http://blepharopsis.deviantart.com/
http://dalantech.deviantart.com/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/remus3374/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/liewwk/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mplonsky/
http://flukee.deviantart.com/gallery/

Did I ever mention how much I despise Flickr?

Not that I recall but I can see why, though I like the usability on my
end which lets me annotate things thoroughly so they can be searched.
It's really easy to edit, just looks dumb and makes the viewer click
till their finger is sore to get large images. And the gratuitous
comments with sparking avatars g.

www.edgehill.net
www.baynatives.com

Old May 18th 09, 02:25 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Chris Malcolm[_2_]

In rec.photo.digital.slr-systems jimkramer wrote:
"Alan Browne" wrote in message
http://photo.net/photodb/photo.tcl?photo_id=6687694

Consider the gauntlet slammed down hard.

If it's covered in that much dew then it's cold and it isn't going to move.
You can break out the tripod, slip on the focusing rail and do lighting test
shots. Color me unimpressed, that is an easy shot... Consider the gauntlet
soaked in petrol, lit, and returned.

Boasting doesn't count. To return the gauntlet you have to take at
least as good a photograph. Of course that's something you can easily
do. :-)

--
Chris Malcolm