Another request for recommendations

Old December 11th 04, 05:24 PM
David French

Default Another request for recommendations

Hi,

I have an EOS 10D, but I'm looking for a compact digital camera to use
when it's not practical to carry a great lump around.

I'd like something very small; not too worried about much of a zoom,
but 3 or 4x optical would be nice; around 4-5mpixel.

In particular, I don't want any significant shutter lag, and I want
something which reproduces colours accurately. My previous experience
with compact digital cameras has included cameras which render skin
tones very grey or pink. I don't know whether cameras like this are
still around!

There are plenty of cameras out there which fit my basic requirements,
but without trying them all out (which is sometimes hard), it's more
difficult to find out which ones can accurately reproduce colours.

Thanks for any recommendations.

David
Old December 11th 04, 08:58 PM
Jeff Falkiner

Check out the Imaging Resource. They have many, many sample images uploaded
and you can compare what you'll get to your 10D, which is one of the
choices.

http://www.imaging-resource.com/

The guy who runs the site does a great job, IMHO, to provide a comprehensive
review of a lot of different cameras.

Just choose the "Compare sample images" option from the menu on the left to
see samples, or choose a camera to see the review (usually includes shutter
lag time tests, both in full-autofocus and pre-focus modes). He also
commonly includes power-consumption tests when can run them.

I used the site 2 years ago when I bought my Olympus C3020 and his analysis
seemed right on for my camera.

Good luck.

Jeff Falkiner