A Few Shots This Morning

Old June 7th 15, 03:35 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default A Few Shots This Morning

Our local Model T&Model A club had a get together at the Rios-Caledonia Inn
Adobe at San Miguel. This was a stage coach stop situated on the original
North-South Stagecoach road. In 1915 Hwy 101 was built along side it.
So here are a few shots of some of the vehicles.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x3tey6jhwxlblbl/AAAKPtQ8eEY7DTbx3SjIzuHMa?dl=0

Savageduck

Old June 7th 15, 04:38 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill W

On Sat, 06 Jun 2015 19:35:50 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

Our local Model T&Model A club had a get together at the Rios-Caledonia Inn
Adobe at San Miguel. This was a stage coach stop situated on the original
North-South Stagecoach road. In 1915 Hwy 101 was built along side it.
So here are a few shots of some of the vehicles.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x3tey6jhwxlblbl/AAAKPtQ8eEY7DTbx3SjIzuHMa?dl=0

How can we **** with you about the image quality if you don't tell us
which camera you used? Ehhh, that Fuji thing sucks... Stuff like that,
you know?

Anyway, now that your eyes have been repaired, they look great. To be
honest, I thought in previous photos that they tended to look
oversharpened, artifacts or not.
Old June 7th 15, 05:11 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Jun 6, 2015, Bill W wrote
(in ):

wrote:

Our local Model T&Model A club had a get together at the Rios-Caledonia Inn
Adobe at San Miguel. This was a stage coach stop situated on the original
North-South Stagecoach road. In 1915 Hwy 101 was built along side it.
So here are a few shots of some of the vehicles.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x3tey6jhwxlblbl/AAAKPtQ8eEY7DTbx3SjIzuHMa?dl=0

How can we **** with you about the image quality if you don't tell us
which camera you used? Ehhh, that Fuji thing sucks... Stuff like that,
you know?

Anyway, now that your eyes have been repaired, they look great. To be
honest, I thought in previous photos that they tended to look
oversharpened, artifacts or not.

Well, if you check the EXIF you will discover that the culprit camera was
indeed the Fujifilm X-E2.
…and it is good to have a freshly polished set of eyeballs.

Savageduck

Old June 7th 15, 05:36 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
RichA wrote:

On Saturday, 6 June 2015 22:35:53 UTC-4, Savageduck wrote:
Our local Model T&Model A club had a get together at the Rios-Caledonia Inn
Adobe at San Miguel. This was a stage coach stop situated on the original
North-South Stagecoach road. In 1915 Hwy 101 was built along side it.
So here are a few shots of some of the vehicles.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x3tey6jhwxlblbl/AAAKPtQ8eEY7DTbx3SjIzuHMa?dl=0

Savageduck

Despite the fact that motorcycle looks old, the design looks eminently
practical for inner city travel.

I agree: The bike is the most fetching of them captures. But I wonder if
it can climb the hills of San Francisco...
--
teleportation kills
Old June 7th 15, 06:41 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Jun 6, 2015, RichA wrote
(in ):

On Saturday, 6 June 2015 22:35:53 UTC-4, Savageduck wrote:
Our local Model T&Model A club had a get together at the Rios-Caledonia Inn
Adobe at San Miguel. This was a stage coach stop situated on the original
North-South Stagecoach road. In 1915 Hwy 101 was built along side it.
So here are a few shots of some of the vehicles.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x3tey6jhwxlblbl/AAAKPtQ8eEY7DTbx3SjIzuHMa?dl=0

Savageduck

Despite the fact that motorcycle looks old, the design looks eminently
practical for inner city travel.

It is relatively old, being a 1937 Simplex Servi-Cycle built in New Orleans.
It has a two cycle single cylinder, rotary valve 7.9 cu.in (130 cc) engine.
With 2 hp it was claimed to get 100 miles/gal&40 MPH. Later editions squeezed
out 4 hp.

Savageduck

Old June 7th 15, 07:01 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Jun 6, 2015, Tony Cooper wrote
(in ):

On Sun, 07 Jun 2015 06:36:02 +0200, wrote:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x3tey6jhw...3SjIzuHMa?dl=0

Savageduck

Despite the fact that motorcycle looks old, the design looks eminently
practical for inner city travel.

I agree: The bike is the most fetching of them captures. But I wonder if
it can climb the hills of San Francisco...

The pictured motorcycle is a Simplex Servi-Cycle, sometimes called a
"Wizard". It was made in New Orleans, probably between 1954 to 1956
based on the taillight and other design features. It's missing a
cover.

They were first built in New Orleans in 1935, and pretty much had the same
design into the 50’s

The "Wizard" is not to be confused with the "Whizzer", which was sold
as a kit that modified a regular bicycle. I didn't ask, and never did
figure out the function of that piece on the back fender. This one
could be a 1997 model that was designed to fit on a Schwinn frame, but
Whizzers were sold between 1939 and 1965. The company re-organized in
1997.

http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/Bikers...3-01-29-X2.jpg

Anybody in the know wouldn’t confuse the two. I have captured a Whizzer or
two, This one is more of an original unrestored than your full restoration;
https://db.tt/4Lxu54tF
https://db.tt/tjBdB9SH

The colors of the Ford with the rumble seat are very similar to this
photo I took in 2012, but it was a Lincoln.

http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/Rusty-...012-11-11-11D-
X2.jp
Both shots done before I got into shooting RAW and was using a Nikon
D40 (Whizzer) and a Nikon D60 (Lincoln). The grass is that color in
Florida in November in a place like where this was shot.

Savageduck

Old June 7th 15, 01:50 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Whiskers

On 2015-06-07, Savageduck wrote:
Our local Model T&Model A club had a get together at the Rios-Caledonia Inn
Adobe at San Miguel. This was a stage coach stop situated on the original
North-South Stagecoach road. In 1915 Hwy 101 was built along side it.
So here are a few shots of some of the vehicles.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x3tey6jhwxlblbl/AAAKPtQ8eEY7DTbx3SjIzuHMa?dl=0

I want one of them now. And one of them, and one of them, ...

Do the owners dress up in 'period costume' for these occasions?

--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers
Old June 7th 15, 03:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Jun 7, 2015, Whiskers wrote
(in ):

On 2015-06-07, wrote:
Our local Model T&Model A club had a get together at the Rios-Caledonia Inn
Adobe at San Miguel. This was a stage coach stop situated on the original
North-South Stagecoach road. In 1915 Hwy 101 was built along side it.
So here are a few shots of some of the vehicles.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x3tey6jhwxlblbl/AAAKPtQ8eEY7DTbx3SjIzuHMa?dl=0

I want one of them now. And one of them, and one of them, ...

Start hunting.
Hanging out at auctions and gaining the attention of the auctioneer is
another way to acquire one of these vintage and/or classic cars.

Do the owners dress up in 'period costume' for these occasions?

I guess it depends on the occasion.

Savageduck

Old June 7th 15, 03:57 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 6/6/2015 10:35 PM, Savageduck wrote:
Our local Model T&Model A club had a get together at the Rios-Caledonia Inn
Adobe at San Miguel. This was a stage coach stop situated on the original
North-South Stagecoach road. In 1915 Hwy 101 was built along side it.
So here are a few shots of some of the vehicles.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x3tey6jhwxlblbl/AAAKPtQ8eEY7DTbx3SjIzuHMa?dl=0

Historically intresting.

How do you get muptiple shots with one link in DB

--
PeterN
Old June 7th 15, 04:11 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

PeterN Wrote in message:
On 6/6/2015 10:35 PM, Savageduck wrote:
Our local Model T&Model A club had a get together at the Rios-Caledonia Inn
Adobe at San Miguel. This was a stage coach stop situated on the original
North-South Stagecoach road. In 1915 Hwy 101 was built along side it.
So here are a few shots of some of the vehicles.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x3tey6jhwxlblbl/AAAKPtQ8eEY7DTbx3SjIzuHMa?dl=0

Historically intresting.

How do you get muptiple shots with one link in DB

He links to the folder.Old trick...
--
Bats can't tell us apart!

----Android NewsGroup Reader----