DSLR's cutting-edge capabilities are nice, but no longer needed?

Old May 21st 15, 07:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default DSLR's cutting-edge capabilities are nice, but no longer needed?

On May 21, 2015, PeterN wrote
(in ):

On 5/21/2015 1:25 PM, Savageduck wrote:
On May 21, 2015, PeterN wrote
(in ):

On 5/21/2015 11:09 AM, John McWilliams wrote:
On 5/20/15 PDT 6:45 AM, PeterN wrote:

And how many monkeys would it take to type your above paragraph in

one
day. (lets use a typing rate of sisty five words per minute.

An infinite number of monkeys would produce all the great works and all
the gibberish in short order. But there's not an infinite number of
anything. The universe may be expanding, but it's not infinite. Yes, a
lot more than we can grasp, but not infinite!

Absolutely true. Thought I said something like that before.

…and if the monkeys were gibbons, then you would have gibbon grown,
graphic, gibberish.

--

Your gibbon premise is wrong. Gibbons are apes, not monkeys.

Next you will be saying that apes can’t type.

Savageduck

Old May 21st 15, 07:57 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 5/21/2015 2:48 PM, Savageduck wrote:
[...]

They definitly can be typed.

--
PeterN
Old May 22nd 15, 06:58 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Me

On 22/05/2015 3:09 a.m., John McWilliams wrote:
The universe may be expanding, but it's not infinite. Yes, a
lot more than we can grasp, but not infinite!

You can't actually prove that, only conjecture that it probably is with
theory and by extrapolating observation - which could all be wrong.
Just because it seems to be true from our perspective and place and
time, doesn't mean that's the way it is.
Old May 22nd 15, 02:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

In article , John McWilliams wrote:

PeterN:
And how many monkeys would it take to type your above paragraph in
one day. (lets use a typing rate of sisty five words per minute.

An infinite number of monkeys would produce all the great works and
all the gibberish in short order. But there's not an infinite
number of anything. The universe may be expanding, but it's not
infinite. Yes, a lot more than we can grasp, but not infinite!

Logically, infinitely is the only way the universe *could* exist.

--
Sandman
Old May 22nd 15, 08:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 5/22/2015 1:58 AM, Me wrote:
On 22/05/2015 3:09 a.m., John McWilliams wrote:
The universe may be expanding, but it's not infinite. Yes, a
lot more than we can grasp, but not infinite!

You can't actually prove that, only conjecture that it probably is with
theory and by extrapolating observation - which could all be wrong.
Just because it seems to be true from our perspective and place and
time, doesn't mean that's the way it is.

How do you prove a nagative?

--
PeterN
Old May 22nd 15, 09:09 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On May 22, 2015, PeterN wrote
(in ):

On 5/22/2015 1:58 AM, Me wrote:
On 22/05/2015 3:09 a.m., John McWilliams wrote:
The universe may be expanding, but it's not infinite. Yes, a
lot more than we can grasp, but not infinite!

You can't actually prove that, only conjecture that it probably is with
theory and by extrapolating observation - which could all be wrong.
Just because it seems to be true from our perspective and place and
time, doesn't mean that's the way it is.

How do you prove a nagative?

Aren’t you supposed to be getting your eye-ball polished today?

Savageduck

Old May 23rd 15, 12:06 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 5/22/2015 4:09 PM, Savageduck wrote:
On May 22, 2015, PeterN wrote
(in ):

On 5/22/2015 1:58 AM, Me wrote:
On 22/05/2015 3:09 a.m., John McWilliams wrote:
The universe may be expanding, but it's not infinite. Yes, a
lot more than we can grasp, but not infinite!
You can't actually prove that, only conjecture that it probably is with
theory and by extrapolating observation - which could all be wrong.
Just because it seems to be true from our perspective and place and
time, doesn't mean that's the way it is.

How do you prove a nagative?

Aren’t you supposed to be getting your eye-ball polished today?

Thanks for asking. It was done. I have vision in my right eye, thoug as
expected, it is blurry. Doc says I don't need the dark glasses indoors,
but need to wear that plastic shield.

--
PeterN
Old May 23rd 15, 12:07 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 5/22/2015 4:23 PM, Tony Cooper wrote:
On Fri, 22 May 2015 15:42:13 -0400, PeterN
wrote:

On 5/22/2015 1:58 AM, Me wrote:
On 22/05/2015 3:09 a.m., John McWilliams wrote:
The universe may be expanding, but it's not infinite. Yes, a
lot more than we can grasp, but not infinite!

You can't actually prove that, only conjecture that it probably is with
theory and by extrapolating observation - which could all be wrong.
Just because it seems to be true from our perspective and place and
time, doesn't mean that's the way it is.

How do you prove a nagative?

Is a "nagative" a backseat driver you are related to?

relayted.

--
PeterN
Old May 23rd 15, 12:45 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
John McWilliams

On 5/22/15 PDT 6:58 AM, Sandman wrote:
In article , John McWilliams wrote:

PeterN:
And how many monkeys would it take to type your above paragraph in
one day. (lets use a typing rate of sisty five words per minute.

An infinite number of monkeys would produce all the great works and
all the gibberish in short order. But there's not an infinite
number of anything. The universe may be expanding, but it's not
infinite. Yes, a lot more than we can grasp, but not infinite!

Logically, infinitely is the only way the universe *could* exist.

By your logic, apparently.

When I figure out how matter was created in the first place, I will post
here.....

Old May 23rd 15, 12:46 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
John McWilliams

On 5/21/15 PDT 10:58 PM, Me wrote:
On 22/05/2015 3:09 a.m., John McWilliams wrote:
The universe may be expanding, but it's not infinite. Yes, a
lot more than we can grasp, but not infinite!

You can't actually prove that,

Now you've hurt my feelings!

only conjecture that it probably is with
theory and by extrapolating observation - which could all be wrong.
Just because it seems to be true from our perspective and place and
time, doesn't mean that's the way it is.

Yes, I agree with that statement.