"Photoshop" alternatives

Old May 14th 15, 05:16 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

Default "Photoshop" alternatives

In article ,
nospam wrote:

In article , android
wrote:

The two I mentioned do have one feature in common that CC doesn't
offer:
Continuos ofline operation...

nonsense. cc works perfectly fine offline.

It requirers authentication periodically after installation.

which means it works perfectly fine offline, exactly as i said.

however, if you expect to be offline for more than 90 days, you might
have issues, and not just with photoshop either.

Some folks might consider COO, Continuos Offline Operation a feature. CC
does not, as you said have that feature.
--
teleportation kills
Old May 14th 15, 05:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , android
wrote:

The two I mentioned do have one feature in common that CC doesn't
offer:
Continuos ofline operation...

nonsense. cc works perfectly fine offline.

It requirers authentication periodically after installation.

which means it works perfectly fine offline, exactly as i said.

however, if you expect to be offline for more than 90 days, you might
have issues, and not just with photoshop either.

Some folks might consider COO, Continuos Offline Operation a feature. CC
does not, as you said have that feature.

such folks won't be using a computer at all.

these days, it's just about impossible to do *anything* with a computer
that has no internet access.

but for the one or two people who are off the grid, they can get
photoshop elements which does not need periodic internet access to be
used and does way more than the other two apps you linked.
Old May 14th 15, 05:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Tony Cooper
wrote:

The two I mentioned do have one feature in common that CC doesn't offer:
Continuos ofline operation...

nonsense. cc works perfectly fine offline.

I can only assume that android does not use the subscription model and
therefore doesn't understand it. CC is not used offline.

yes it is.

The only
thing that may be online and may be inaccessible in case of an outage
are stored images, but these images should also be on the user's
computer.

which contradicts what you just said.

cc is installed *on the user's computer* and runs entirely offline.

every so often it has to authenticate to determine the subscription is
valid, as much as 90 days between pings, but that's the extent of it.
the rest of the time, it can be used *without* any internet connection.

obviously, any cloud feature won't work but that's just one small
aspect of the app.
Old May 14th 15, 05:47 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
nospam wrote:

In article , Tony Cooper
wrote:

[...]

My sincerest apology (this does not happen often, bookmark this page!)
to you guys... I should have written Creative Cloud Suite! :-p
--
teleportation kills
Old May 14th 15, 05:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill W

On Thu, 14 May 2015 12:25:41 -0400, Tony Cooper
wrote:

On Thu, 14 May 2015 18:02:24 +0200, android wrote:

In article ,
nospam wrote:

In article , android
wrote:

The two I mentioned do have one feature in common that CC doesn't offer:
Continuos ofline operation...

nonsense. cc works perfectly fine offline.

It requirers authentication periodically after installation.

Yes, but that does not affect use in any way as long as the user is
current in payment. You wouldn't expect continuous use of something
that requires monthly payment to use if you stopped making payments.

The user doesn't even know when that authentication check is made.

Oddly, I lost my internet connection a few days ago, and neither LR
nor PS would open until I restored my connection. I just tried it
again after unplugging the network cable, and both work. There might
be an issue, or it was just a coincidence, or they would have opened
after a delay that I didn't want to wait for. At the time, I assumed
that it was an authentication issue, but then, I've had the paid
subscription for only about a week.
Old May 14th 15, 05:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Bill W
wrote:

Oddly, I lost my internet connection a few days ago, and neither LR
nor PS would open until I restored my connection. I just tried it
again after unplugging the network cable, and both work. There might
be an issue, or it was just a coincidence, or they would have opened
after a delay that I didn't want to wait for. At the time, I assumed
that it was an authentication issue, but then, I've had the paid
subscription for only about a week.

something else was causing a launch failure. check console logs.
Old May 14th 15, 06:06 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Tony Cooper
wrote:

The two I mentioned do have one feature in common that CC doesn't
offer: Continuos ofline operation...

nonsense. cc works perfectly fine offline.

It requirers authentication periodically after installation.

which means it works perfectly fine offline, exactly as i said.

however, if you expect to be offline for more than 90 days, you might
have issues, and not just with photoshop either.

Some folks might consider COO, Continuos Offline Operation a feature. CC
does not, as you said have that feature.

I'm not interested in starting a fight over this, but I don't
understand what you mean by Continuous Offline Operation in this
context.

no internet connection for an extended period.

these days, that is an extreme edge case. a *lot* of things won't work
without an internet connection, including posting to usenet.
Old May 14th 15, 06:06 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Tony Cooper
wrote:

Also, I acknowledge errors. Something you don't do.

i always do when there's proof.

your twisting and lying is not proof that i'm wrong.
Old May 14th 15, 06:19 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On May 14, 2015, Bill W wrote
(in ):

On Thu, 14 May 2015 12:25:41 -0400, Tony Cooper
wrote:

On Thu, 14 May 2015 18:02:24 +0200, wrote:

In ,
wrote:

In ,
wrote:

[...]

It shouldn’t have made any difference. If your LAN was down, or if you
cable network was down. If your subscription was paid even if it was one week
earlier, the apps are installed on your computer and should be capable of
functioning off-line, without issue. Adobe will only ping your computer once
every 90 days and if there is a ping failure there is an additional 14 days
to contact Adobe support. That is a separate issue to the subscription
payments. If for some reason your monthly payment has failed, I had a credit
card reissued due to the Target fiasco and that resulted in a failure to
complete the payment to Adobe. They contacted be via email and notified me of
the issue and asked for that to be corrected within 14 days. I had no
interruption in CC service or use of PS or LR.

Savageduck

Old May 14th 15, 07:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill W

On Thu, 14 May 2015 12:58:08 -0400, nospam
wrote:

In article , Bill W
wrote:

Oddly, I lost my internet connection a few days ago, and neither LR
nor PS would open until I restored my connection. I just tried it
again after unplugging the network cable, and both work. There might
be an issue, or it was just a coincidence, or they would have opened
after a delay that I didn't want to wait for. At the time, I assumed
that it was an authentication issue, but then, I've had the paid
subscription for only about a week.

something else was causing a launch failure. check console logs.

I believe I know what happened, and you can try this too. I signed out
of Adobe CC using the CC app. (I was doing a lot of things at once
while putting the new computer together.) After that, I could not open
either LR or PS without an internet connection. I have to think that
this could have happened to at least some people when Adobe's site
went down. But just some, I don't think many people ever sign out.