A Few Shots This Morning

Old June 8th 15, 11:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

Default A Few Shots This Morning

On 6/7/2015 11:40 PM, android wrote:
In article ,
PeterN wrote:

On 6/7/2015 11:21 AM, Savageduck wrote:
On Jun 7, 2015, PeterN wrote
(in ):

On 6/6/2015 10:35 PM, Savageduck wrote:
Our local Model T&Model A club had a get together at the Rios-Caledonia
Inn
Adobe at San Miguel. This was a stage coach stop situated on the original
North-South Stagecoach road. In 1915 Hwy 101 was built along side it.
So here are a few shots of some of the vehicles.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x3tey6jhw...3SjIzuHMa?dl=0

Historically intresting.

How do you get muptiple shots with one link in DB

Share the folder.
Copy and paste the link.

Even though the folder is a sub=folder of Public, when I right click I
do not see "copy public Link." When I view the link through a browser, I
have to sign in. The link I get is not one that makes sense to sha
https://www.dropbox.com/home/Public/test

If you're still on a Mac: Sync your Dropbox account. Rightclick the
folder that you want to share. Chose "Share Dropbox link" from the menu.
You should now have a link on your clipboard that shares that folder.

Thanks. But, I am not now, and have never been on a Mac. (except for
short, unconnected periods of time.

--
PeterN
Old June 9th 15, 02:05 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mort[_3_]

Yes, indeed. The fact that the octogenarian remembered what she had made
at age 16 still strikes me as remarkable.

Thanks for the pix and comments.

Mort Linder

Savageduck wrote:
On Jun 8, 2015, Mort wrote
(in ):

Savageduck wrote:
Our local Model T&Model A club had a get together at the Rios-Caledonia Inn
Adobe at San Miguel. This was a stage coach stop situated on the original
North-South Stagecoach road. In 1915 Hwy 101 was built along side it.
So here are a few shots of some of the vehicles.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x3tey6jhwxlblbl/AAAKPtQ8eEY7DTbx3SjIzuHMa?dl=0

Savageduck

Hi,

Interesting shots. I notice that a few of the older cars seem to have a
radiator cap of the type with a built-in thermometer.

About 20 years ago, I was at an old car show in Westchester County NY,
with my octogenarian mother-in-law. (No jokes please; she was a
wonderful lady.) A friend of mine proudly sported an old model T Ford,
with such a radiator cap. My mother-in-law reacted with great
excitement, and from a distance, she said that the cap was made by
Boyce MotoMeter of Long Island City, NY. We got closer, and indeed,she
was correct. She then told us that,at age 16, (in the year 1919), she
blew the glass tubes for those radiator caps' thermometers at the Boyce
Company. We were flabbergasted. He called all the old-car owners over,
and they all admired her, and asked her questions about her job
there.Despite her advanced years, her memory was intact. Someone in my
many stored boxes, I have a photograph of that radiator cap.

Something such as this?
https://db.tt/nR1IHVbu
https://db.tt/2RuQFoV3
https://db.tt/efee0ssC

Savageduck

---

Old June 9th 15, 04:43 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x3tey6jhw...bx3SjIzuHMa?dl
=0

Historically intresting.

How do you get muptiple shots with one link in DB

Share the folder.
Copy and paste the link.

Even though the folder is a sub=folder of Public, when I right click I
do not see "copy public Link." When I view the link through a browser, I
have to sign in. The link I get is not one that makes sense to sha
https://www.dropbox.com/home/Public/test

If you're still on a Mac: Sync your Dropbox account. Rightclick the
folder that you want to share. Chose "Share Dropbox link" from the menu.
You should now have a link on your clipboard that shares that folder.

Thanks. But, I am not now, and have never been on a Mac. (except for
short, unconnected periods of time.

You should be!
--
teleportation kills
Old June 9th 15, 04:04 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 6/8/2015 11:43 PM, android wrote:

PeterN wrote:

[...]

If I thought so, I would be.