EOS 65mm 2.0...

Old June 2nd 15, 05:45 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

Default EOS 65mm 2.0...

I could not help myself but got a Zykkor FD to EOS adapter from Amazon...
It work like a 1.3 or something TC. YMMV, but on the 1D2 it makes my FD
50/1.8 like a 85/2.0.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x1lvvuzr0z...35656.jpg?dl=0
--
teleportation kills
Old June 2nd 15, 04:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 6/2/2015 12:45 AM, android wrote:
I could not help myself but got a Zykkor FD to EOS adapter from Amazon...
It work like a 1.3 or something TC. YMMV, but on the 1D2 it makes my FD
50/1.8 like a 85/2.0.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x1lvvuzr0z...35656.jpg?dl=0

To my eye the lines are reasonably straight. Contrast deminition looks
low, but that could be due to other things, including yur lighting.

--
PeterN
Old June 2nd 15, 04:47 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 6/2/2015 11:35 AM, PeterN wrote:
On 6/2/2015 12:45 AM, android wrote:
I could not help myself but got a Zykkor FD to EOS adapter from Amazon...
It work like a 1.3 or something TC. YMMV, but on the 1D2 it makes my FD
50/1.8 like a 85/2.0.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x1lvvuzr0z...35656.jpg?dl=0

To my eye the lines are reasonably straight. Contrast deminition looks
low, but that could be due to other things, including yur lighting.

The should be "contrast definition."

--
PeterN
Old June 2nd 15, 04:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Jun 1, 2015, android wrote
(in ):

I could not help myself but got a Zykkor FD to EOS adapter from Amazon...
It work like a 1.3 or something TC. YMMV, but on the 1D2 it makes my FD
50/1.8 like a 85/2.0.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x1lvvuzr0z...35656.jpg?dl=0

That shows as 65mm in the EXIF, so 1.3 looks about right.

I hope the shot was just a test example. The chair is OoF, but nice wall.

Savageduck

Old June 2nd 15, 06:03 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article m,
Savageduck wrote:

On Jun 1, 2015, android wrote
(in ):

I could not help myself but got a Zykkor FD to EOS adapter from Amazon...
It work like a 1.3 or something TC. YMMV, but on the 1D2 it makes my FD
50/1.8 like a 85/2.0.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x1lvvuzr0z...35656.jpg?dl=0

That shows as 65mm in the EXIF, so 1.3 looks about right.

I programed the adapter chip... ;-)

I hope the shot was just a test example. The chair is OoF, but nice wall.

Yup, it was a test with a fully open aperture in the morning light, so
the DOF is minimal and should be on the middle of the seat. The jpg was
straight out of camera with some minor tweaks off the in camera profile.
Add some sharpening in the Preview.app...
I guess that this kind of an "arty" combo.

Thanks for your comment.

Savageduck

--
teleportation kills
Old June 2nd 15, 06:03 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
PeterN wrote:

On 6/2/2015 11:35 AM, PeterN wrote:
On 6/2/2015 12:45 AM, android wrote:
I could not help myself but got a Zykkor FD to EOS adapter from Amazon...
It work like a 1.3 or something TC. YMMV, but on the 1D2 it makes my FD
50/1.8 like a 85/2.0.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x1lvvuzr0z...35656.jpg?dl=0

To my eye the lines are reasonably straight. Contrast deminition looks
low, but that could be due to other things, including yur lighting.

The lightning was set by the morning sun...

The should be "contrast definition."

Then are you gonna leern to tijp correctly! ;-p

Thanks for your comment.
--
teleportation kills
Old June 2nd 15, 07:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 6/2/2015 1:03 PM, android wrote:
In article ,
PeterN wrote:

On 6/2/2015 11:35 AM, PeterN wrote:
On 6/2/2015 12:45 AM, android wrote:
I could not help myself but got a Zykkor FD to EOS adapter from Amazon...
It work like a 1.3 or something TC. YMMV, but on the 1D2 it makes my FD
50/1.8 like a 85/2.0.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x1lvvuzr0z...35656.jpg?dl=0

To my eye the lines are reasonably straight. Contrast deminition looks
low, but that could be due to other things, including yur lighting.

The lightning was set by the morning sun...

The should be "contrast definition."

Then are you gonna leern to tijp correctly! ;-p

It's my grandma chekker

--
PeterN
Old June 3rd 15, 05:40 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
RichA wrote:

On Tuesday, 2 June 2015 00:45:44 UTC-4, android wrote:
I could not help myself but got a Zykkor FD to EOS adapter from Amazon...
It work like a 1.3 or something TC. YMMV, but on the 1D2 it makes my FD
50/1.8 like a 85/2.0.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x1lvvuzr0z...35656.jpg?dl=0
--
teleportation kills

Looks ok, don't see any added CA, but it's not a challenging scene for that.

The original FD 50/1.8 was a good lens that I got with a very used F1.
The adaptor lens could play some games with the CA but have not noticed
that when I randomly used it. I'll check with some trees against the sky
some day. If you want this combo sharp from corner to corner you'll have
to have an opening of 4.0 or less, BTW.
--
teleportation kills