Explaining banding in Annika1980's images.

Old March 28th 09, 01:57 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
^Tems^[_3_]

Default Explaining banding in Annika1980's images.

Robert Coe wrote:
On Sat, 28 Mar 2009 10:50:04 +1100, "Atheist wrote:
: wrote in message
: ...
:
:
: wrote in message
: ...
: On Mar 27, 11:55 pm, wrote:
:
:
: How's it feel getting some of your own back Jackass?
:
: http://www.pbase.com/image/47699823
:
: No banding there, even at 16-bit. You do know those are mountain
: ridges, right?
:
: ----------------
:
: http://www.pbase.com/annika1980/image/6702013
:
: Ah, finally .... I can see banding on this one when I set my video
: driver to it's lower quality 16-bit setting!
: I guess that's why I don't use the lower-quality setting. Also, this
: shot is a stitched pano so that probably explains why the banding is
: visible there on not on the other shots.
:
: FWIW, there is still no banding on my seagull pic as Noons claimed,
: even at 16-bit.
:
: Now thanks for wasting 10 minutes of my time that I'll never get back.
: Speaking of time, how much have the doctors given you?
:
:
:
:
: I think maybe you need some eye glasses too. I'll send you my old pair I
: no longer need after the laser surgery if you like.
:
: Sure, the seagull is not too bad in the banding area but obviously you
: haven't ever sold any of your pictures to a poster wholesaler - or even
: tried too. If you had, you wouldn't so easily have missed the obvious... A
: trait of yours you can't seem to shake off.
:
: Bad news just keeps pouring in...
: Reports of my premature demise are greatly exaggerated. You'll be
: disappointed to hear that the surgery (although costly) was 100%
: successful. I now look even more like Mel Gibson than ever before! LOL.
:
:
: so your a fat ugly xenaphob racist prick with a drinking problem and a
: misguided beliefe in a sky fairy.

He does, however, know how to use a spell checker.

AC is talking about Doug who are you talking about?

Doggy is one of the worst spellers on usenet

Old March 28th 09, 03:15 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Bowser

"Robert Coe" wrote in message
On Sat, 28 Mar 2009 00:42:48 +1100, "Atheist Chaplain"
wrote:

I can't make out the banding, only the poorly aligned horizon and the lack
of
sorely needed fill flash. Oh, and the fact that the subjects are too far
away.

It's really a pretty bad picture. Are you sure Doug took it?

Oh, the temptation to reply...

Old March 28th 09, 03:17 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Bowser

"Bob Larter" wrote in message
Gemini wrote:
That really is stupid when maybe half of them use their monitors in 16
bit mode with their own flavor of colour correction.

That's very unlikely. Nobody in their right mind views or edits photos in
less than 24/32 bit colour modes.

Agreed. When I read the OP, I thought it was just a lame joke, but he seems
serious. The only way to properly view photos is at the highest possible
quality. 16 bit mode will pretty much show banding on anything.

Old March 28th 09, 03:18 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Bowser

"Bob Larter" wrote in message
D.Mac wrote:
An easy way to avoid seeing flaws in your own images is to set your
monitor to run 32 bit (highest quality) mode. If you do this you most
definitely won't see the banding but ask yourself why would you *NOT*
want to see flaws and errors in the images you want to show other people?

Switch your monitor to 16 bit (high quality) mode and the banding in
poorly processed images sticks out like dogs balls.

In 20 years of working with digital images on computers, this is possibly
the stupidest, most clueless thing I've seen anyone say on the topic.

It *has* to be a joke. Nobody could be that clueless.

Old March 28th 09, 03:32 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
jimkramer

"Bowser" wrote in message
. com...

"Bob Larter" wrote in message
D.Mac wrote:
An easy way to avoid seeing flaws in your own images is to set your
monitor to run 32 bit (highest quality) mode. If you do this you most
definitely won't see the banding but ask yourself why would you *NOT*
want to see flaws and errors in the images you want to show other
people?

Switch your monitor to 16 bit (high quality) mode and the banding in
poorly processed images sticks out like dogs balls.

In 20 years of working with digital images on computers, this is possibly
the stupidest, most clueless thing I've seen anyone say on the topic.

It *has* to be a joke. Nobody could be that clueless.

George Preddy

Old March 28th 09, 04:53 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Robert Coe

On Sun, 29 Mar 2009 00:57:58 +1100, ^Tems^ wrote:
: Robert Coe wrote:
: On Sat, 28 Mar 2009 10:50:04 +1100, "Atheist wrote:
: : wrote in message
: : ...
: :
: :
: : wrote in message
: : ...
: : On Mar 27, 11:55 pm, wrote:
: :
: :
: : How's it feel getting some of your own back Jackass?
: :
: : http://www.pbase.com/image/47699823
: :
: : No banding there, even at 16-bit. You do know those are mountain
: : ridges, right?
: :
: : ----------------
: :
[...]

Well, it wasn't Doggy who substituted "your" for "you're" and misspelled
"xenaphobe" and "belief". ;^)

Bob
Old March 28th 09, 11:30 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Robert Coe

On Sun, 29 Mar 2009 18:57:12 +0100, "D.Mac" wrote:
:
: "Annika1980" wrote in message
: ...
: On Mar 28, 2:31 pm, "Gemini" wrote:
:
: Now you show me your scars and I'll show you mine!
: Oh that's right... Yours are hidden by a necktie, aren't they?
:
: If you think I wear a necktie then you really don't know me that well.
:
: Now go change your name another 10 or 12 times and then we'll start
: all over.
:
: Jealous I have friends that let me use their PCs are we?

Are you saying the reason you use so many names is that you've been sponging
off of your friends' email accounts? Come on, Doug, we don't believe that. You
wouldn't *want* us to believe it, would you?

: At least I have friends, not like the clueless dweebs who wonder why their
: photos look like crap to half their audience and don't bother to wonder why.

Now you've got me confused. Do the clueless dweebs wonder why or don't they?

Bob
Old March 28th 09, 11:41 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Robert Coe

On Sun, 29 Mar 2009 18:48:40 +0100, "D.Mac" wrote:
:
: "Bowser" wrote in message
: . com...
:
: ...
: wrote:
:
: I can't make out the banding, only the poorly aligned horizon and the
: lack of sorely needed fill flash. Oh, and the fact that the subjects
: are too far away.
:
: It's really a pretty bad picture. Are you sure Doug took it?
:
: Oh, the temptation to reply...
:
: Don't hold back Bowser... I've been tempted with some of your photos myself!

Yeah, but for every few mediocre pictures that Bowser shows, he dusts off his
fisheye and comes up with one that's spectacularly good. If that crappy
picture was really yours, then show us the "keeper" from that shoot.

Bob
Old March 29th 09, 05:43 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Atheist Chaplain[_3_]

: Robert Coe wrote:
: On Sat, 28 Mar 2009 10:50:04 +1100, "Atheist
wrote:
: : wrote in message
: : ...
: :
: :
: : wrote in message
: :
: : On Mar 27, 11:55 pm, wrote:
: :
: :
[...]

yep you're right I got it wrong, now I'm sure you feel so much better now
that you have been able to correct something or someone on the internet :-)
Thanks for playing.

By the way, apart from the ever so helpful lesson, do you actually have
something of substance to ad ??

--
[This comment is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Church of
Scientology International]

Old March 29th 09, 05:57 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Tony Cooper

On Sun, 29 Mar 2009 15:43:30 +1100, "Atheist Chaplain"
wrote:

.. .
: Robert Coe wrote:
: On Sat, 28 Mar 2009 10:50:04 +1100, "Atheist
wrote:
: : wrote in message
: : ...
: :
: :
: : wrote in message
: :
: : On Mar 27, 11:55 pm, wrote:
: :
: :
[...]

Who has the spelling problem? Add your name to the list.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida