[SI] Rulz proposal on Commentz

Old August 12th 12, 11:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Alan Browne

Default [SI] Rulz proposal on Commentz

On 2012-08-12 18:18 , Eric Stevens wrote:
On Sun, 12 Aug 2012 10:19:41 -0400, Alan Browne

On 2012-08-11 20:45 , Eric Stevens wrote:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y007cydzy2...2-08-10-1a.jpg

"McAfee has blocked your computer from making a potentially risky
connection"

I still got the picture but it seems as though somewhere along the way
you may have picked up a parasite. ?????

Nothing to do with the image in question.

In the race of bloated, computer clogging waste it's hard to keep track
of whether Norton or McAfee is worse.

I'd suggest you remove McAfee (which can be a painful experience) and
install AVG free.

Or better, get a Mac.

Which is all very well, but does that explain why clicking on the URL
you supplied caused my computer to go seeking not only the picture but
some other site to which McAfee objected?

I didn't supply the link, but I can view that image via that link,
download it and all there is is the image. (Not that one would want to
see it again).

It could be McAfee distrusts dropbox (there was a security breach there
recently).

--
"Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
-Samuel Clemens.
Old August 12th 12, 11:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Eric Stevens

On 2012-08-11 20:45 , Eric Stevens wrote:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y007cydzy2...2-08-10-1a.jpg

"McAfee has blocked your computer from making a potentially risky
connection"

I still got the picture but it seems as though somewhere along the way
you may have picked up a parasite. ?????

Nothing to do with the image in question.

In the race of bloated, computer clogging waste it's hard to keep track
of whether Norton or McAfee is worse.

I'd suggest you remove McAfee (which can be a painful experience) and
install AVG free.

Or better, get a Mac.

Which is all very well, but does that explain why clicking on the URL
you supplied caused my computer to go seeking not only the picture but
some other site to which McAfee objected?

Oops!

It wasn't you who supplied the URL but Tony Cooper. My apologies.

Eric Stevens
Old August 12th 12, 11:32 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2012-08-11 20:45 , Eric Stevens wrote:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y007cydzy2...2-08-10-1a.jpg

"McAfee has blocked your computer from making a potentially risky
connection"

I still got the picture but it seems as though somewhere along the way
you may have picked up a parasite. ?????

Nothing to do with the image in question.

In the race of bloated, computer clogging waste it's hard to keep track
of whether Norton or McAfee is worse.

I'd suggest you remove McAfee (which can be a painful experience) and
install AVG free.

Or better, get a Mac.

Which is all very well, but does that explain why clicking on the URL
you supplied caused my computer to go seeking not only the picture but
some other site to which McAfee objected?

McAfee is probably a "web prude" and objected to the subject matter presented.

Savageduck

Old August 13th 12, 01:05 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Alan Browne

On 2012-08-11 20:45 , Eric Stevens wrote:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y007cydzy2...2-08-10-1a.jpg

"McAfee has blocked your computer from making a potentially risky
connection"

I still got the picture but it seems as though somewhere along the way
you may have picked up a parasite. ?????

Nothing to do with the image in question.

In the race of bloated, computer clogging waste it's hard to keep track
of whether Norton or McAfee is worse.

I'd suggest you remove McAfee (which can be a painful experience) and
install AVG free.

Or better, get a Mac.

Which is all very well, but does that explain why clicking on the URL
you supplied caused my computer to go seeking not only the picture but
some other site to which McAfee objected?

McAfee is probably a "web prude" and objected to the subject matter
presented.

That's Apple's job.

Old August 13th 12, 01:16 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2012-08-12 17:05:22 -0700, Alan Browne

On 2012-08-11 20:45 , Eric Stevens wrote:

[...]

In that case Apple failed.
Apple probably only functions within the iTunes Store in a pointless
effort to keep the kiddies pure.

Savageduck

Old August 13th 12, 06:23 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Eric Stevens

On 2012-08-11 20:45 , Eric Stevens wrote:

[...]

Its not the Drop Box conection, I've been using that quite a lot in
both directions with no problems. It looked like the standard McAfee
reaction to being directed to a suspicious site.

Eric Stevens
Old August 13th 12, 06:24 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Eric Stevens

On 2012-08-11 20:45 , Eric Stevens wrote:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y007cydzy2...2-08-10-1a.jpg

"McAfee has blocked your computer from making a potentially risky
connection"

I still got the picture but it seems as though somewhere along the way
you may have picked up a parasite. ?????

Nothing to do with the image in question.

In the race of bloated, computer clogging waste it's hard to keep track
of whether Norton or McAfee is worse.

I'd suggest you remove McAfee (which can be a painful experience) and
install AVG free.

Or better, get a Mac.

Which is all very well, but does that explain why clicking on the URL
you supplied caused my computer to go seeking not only the picture but
some other site to which McAfee objected?

McAfee is probably a "web prude" and objected to the subject matter presented.

Nope :-)

Eric Stevens
Old August 13th 12, 10:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Alan Browne

wrote:

I didn't supply the link, but I can view that image via that link,
download it and all there is is the image. (Not that one would want to
see it again).

It could be McAfee distrusts dropbox (there was a security breach there
recently).

Its not the Drop Box conection, I've been using that quite a lot in
both directions with no problems. It looked like the standard McAfee
reaction to being directed to a suspicious site.

Does it still do it? Can you provide the links or a screenshot of what
happens? I'm very interested in this.

--
"C'mon boys, you're not laying pipe!".
-John Keating.