What the M is

Old August 5th 12, 04:45 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Robert Coe

Default What the M is

On Sat, 4 Aug 2012 21:42:11 +0200, Wolfgang Weisselberg
wrote:
: Robert Coe wrote:
: On Tue, 31 Jul 2012 15:01:45 +0200, Wolfgang Weisselberg
: : Robert Coe wrote:
: : On Wed, 25 Jul 2012 16:56:44 +0200, Wolfgang Weisselberg
: : : Robert Coe wrote:
:
: : : Because today a processor fast enough to drive the necessary high-resolution
: : : EVF would be too inefficient for the job; i.e., it would run too hot and go
: : : through batteries too fast.
:
: : : Really?
:
: : Really. The Canon Web site predicts that the M will average 230 pictures on a
: : battery charge. With no built-in flash to help slurp up watts. Sad.
:
: : And that has exactly what to do with a processor driving an EVF,
: : when the CIPA battery life is low because the back display eats
: : the battery (please do look up the CIPA routine for measuring
: : battery life)?
:
: Pretty much everything, I'd say.
:
: How so?
:
: Power is fungible, except in an add-on flash.
:
: And that proves in which way that a processor for an EVF
: would be too inefficient?
:
: Whatever power the dual processors use to drive the EVF, the
: back display doesn't get. Etc.
:
: You don't need the EVF if you're driving the back display and
: vice versa.
:
:
: : That's as logical as "the swimmers didn't get an olympic medal
: : because the fencers were fighting".
:
: No, it's like "The swimmers couldn't race because there was only
: enough power to light the fencing venue."
:
: I see. So you have "proof" that lighting the glass-roofed swimming
: arena needs as much power as the opaque-roofed fencing venue.
:
: a) You don't need the EVF if you're driving the back display and
: vice versa.
:
: b) Power shortages? Sure. That'll be it. Especially with all
: the EVF-cameras out there.
:
:
: : If you need more battery life, buy an extra battery. Or use
: : a DSLR.
:
: Well, you can't say I don't take your advice. I have three DSLR's
: (four if you count my old 400D) and lots of batteries (five for my
: two 7D's and several more for the other two cameras).
:
: So what *is* your problem?

My problem is that I've been trying to carry on a conversation with someone
who's being deliberately dense. But that problem is solved, as of now.

Bob
Old August 5th 12, 07:10 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Alfred Molon[_4_]

In article , Robert Coe
says...
My problem is that I've been trying to carry on a conversation with someone
who's being deliberately dense. But that problem is solved, as of now.

Welcome to the club ;-)
--

Alfred Molon
Old August 6th 12, 12:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Wolfgang Weisselberg

Robert Coe wrote:
On Sat, 4 Aug 2012 21:42:11 +0200, Wolfgang Weisselberg

: So what *is* your problem?

My problem is that I've been trying to carry on a conversation with someone
who's being deliberately dense. But that problem is solved, as of now.

Ah, you want a claqueur. For these, you have to pay first.

-Wolfgang