Shooting in wet weather? Re-consider using your $3000+ Sony

Old February 21st 18, 07:04 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

Default Shooting in wet weather? Re-consider using your $3000+ Sony

On Tue, 20 Feb 2018 19:02:06 -0800 (PST), RichA
wrote:

Apparently, their bodies are not exactly weather proof, or maybe even resistant. More than one source has indicated this. Might want to stick to a pro DSLR.

Or an Olympus E-M1 II.
Old February 21st 18, 07:10 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

wrote:

Apparently, their bodies are not exactly weather proof, or maybe even
resistant. More than one source has indicated this. Might want to stick to a pro DSLR.

Or an Olympus E-M1 II.

Try a Fujifilm X-Pro2, X-T2, or X-H1 with an appropriate WR lens.
Savageduck
Old February 22nd 18, 12:12 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alfred Molon[_4_]

In article , Savageduck
says...

wrote:

Apparently, their bodies are not exactly weather proof, or maybe even
resistant. More than one source has indicated this. Might want to stick to a pro DSLR.

Or an Olympus E-M1 II.

Try a Fujifilm X-Pro2, X-T2, or X-H1 with an appropriate WR lens.

I have survived for years with non-weatherproof cameras, even in adverse
environments (dust or tropical humidity). When it rained I would use an
umbrella.
--
Alfred Molon

Old February 22nd 18, 04:18 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Alfred Molon wrote:
In article , Savageduck
says...

wrote:

Apparently, their bodies are not exactly weather proof, or maybe even
resistant. More than one source has indicated this. Might want to stick to a pro DSLR.

Or an Olympus E-M1 II.

Try a Fujifilm X-Pro2, X-T2, or X-H1 with an appropriate WR lens.

I have survived for years with non-weatherproof cameras, even in adverse
environments (dust or tropical humidity).

So have I.

When it rained I would use an umbrella.

....and that is also a good solution. There are also other reasonably
inexpensive ways to protect your camera in the rain such as Op/Tech rain
sleeves (of various sizes) which can be had for as little as $7.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1168171-REG/op_tech_usa_9001022_8_small_rain_sleeve.html

However, there are other benefits, such as protection from dust intrusion
to a camera and lens system with weather sealing.

Savageduck
Old February 22nd 18, 02:13 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

On 2/22/2018 2:45 AM, RichA wrote:
On Wednesday, 21 February 2018 22:19:02 UTC-5, Savageduck wrote:
Alfred Molon wrote:
In article , Savageduck
says...

wrote:

Apparently, their bodies are not exactly weather proof, or maybe even
resistant. More than one source has indicated this. Might want to stick to a pro DSLR.

Or an Olympus E-M1 II.

Try a Fujifilm X-Pro2, X-T2, or X-H1 with an appropriate WR lens.

I have survived for years with non-weatherproof cameras, even in adverse
environments (dust or tropical humidity).

So have I.

When it rained I would use an umbrella.

...and that is also a good solution.

No one wants to shoot a camera one-handed if they can avoid it.

Some of us use tripods.

--
PeterN
Old February 22nd 18, 06:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alfred Molon[_4_]

In article ,
RichA says...
I'm waiting for the E-M5III.