Another Exposure 7 Trial Shot

Old April 18th 15, 11:52 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
John McWilliams

Default Another Exposure 7 Trial Shot

On 2015-04-16 14:33:58 +0000, Tony Cooper said:
On Thu, 16 Apr 2015 00:29:20 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

You can discuss the non-HDR qualities of these two,

This time a 1915 Indian.
https://db.tt/UL717ftr
...and a little something in B&W.
https://db.tt/DB7Dnw4C

The black and white is well done. Who's your model. The
step-daughter from Hell?

She is, the then 13 year old daughter of an old girl friend.
That shot with the blowing hair was taken with her sitting in the back
of a moving car with the window down.

The step-daughter from Hell was once a very attractive young
girl/woman,
but she has pretty much ruined those once quite good looks with her
mental health & substance abuse (now under sober & under control)
problems.

The Indian is a nice, sharp documentary-type photo. I am somewhat
distracted by the person standing directly above the "I" in "Indian"
who seems to have sagging and blurred breasts.

I guess in the experiment/trial, I over did that blurring, but those
guys had been cut off at the waist due to my sloppy in-camera
composition. So I figured some type of blur might take them out of it
completely, but I didn't execute it very well. The bike was the
intended
point of interest, as I wasn't thinking character study for that shot.

That's a photo that cries out for a human interest angle. Maybe a
Harley biker in full leathers and gang patches or a very old man who
looks like he may have coveted an Indian at an earlier point in his
life. Otherwise, it's just a sharp representation of a mechanical
thing.

Or clone over those non-people with admiring hot chicks. Have you
lifted the bike image to put on a plainer b/g?

There have been times I have thought of doing something like that.
However, even with the various masking tool I have at my disposal that
sort of extraction, where there is a busy background, and stuff such
as wire spokes to deal with, doing that can be time consuming with
minimal return.

Sometimes it is less of a problem and an easy fix can be found. In the
case of this Sears there was a guy in the background with his head
appearing to be resting on the saddle. the healing tool fixed that.
https://db.tt/pVjxImoh
...and not much to remove for this Indian.
https://db.tt/pVjxImoh

Oops! Here is the Sears.
https://db.tt/MT8y0JxW

Ah! Nice!

Old April 19th 15, 12:23 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2015-04-16 16:11:18 +0000, John McWilliams said:

Did you bump both highlights and shadow?

I processed the RAW color file first to get to a reasonably
presentable color image. That included adding a quite strong blur on
the perimeter.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1295663/FileChute/screenshot_101.jpg

Oops! Again. Here is the color.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1295663/FileChute/screenshot_104.jpg

Next I took it into the Exposure 7 Trial and made the B&W conversion
by selecting one ot their stock B&W film presets (Fuji NeoPan 100
Acros) with a yellow filter. Then I added a vignette to finish.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1295663/FileChute/screenshot_103.jpg

I had fun playing with the brightness on my Mac's screen: very
different effects.

With that image?

Yes, the one after "Ooops"! Did you increase highlights and or shadow
controls? Or were they changed by the B+W conversion- or elsewhere?

No bump to the highlights. However, the added vignette certainly
deepened the shadows. That was done in Exposure 7 with the B&W
conversion. Using the NeoPan 100 Acros film type might well have had
some effect on the highlights, but I made no deliberate adjustment.

Savageduck

Old April 19th 15, 12:36 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
John McWilliams

On 2015-04-16 16:11:18 +0000, John McWilliams said:

[...]

Cool. Thanks for the specs.

Old April 19th 15, 09:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 2015-04-15 20:34:00 +0000, Savageduck said:

Here is a Lightroom adjusted original (top left) compared with two
Exposure 7 renditions.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1295663/FileChute/screenshot_98.jpg

Here is what the color version looks like on its own.
https://db.tt/Q19nZvE6

Looks like you're having a ball.

--
PeterN
Old April 19th 15, 09:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 2015-04-16 02:37:30 +0000, RichA said:

On Wednesday, 15 April 2015 16:34:08 UTC-4, Savageduck wrote:
Here is a Lightroom adjusted original (top left) compared with two
Exposure 7 renditions.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1295663/FileChute/screenshot_98.jpg

"Go on an write me up for 125"
"Post my face wanted dead or alive"
"Take my license, all that jive."
"I..can't stand....HDR!!"

That's good to know since nothing in the processing of that single image
had anything to so with HDR. It was a single RAW image with initial
procssing in Lightroom 5, and just run through "Exposure 7" as a
Lightroom plug-in.

So now what do you think of "Exposure 7" which doesn't do HDR?
http://www.alienskin.com/exposure/

For the extra 50 bucks, it pays to ge the whole bundle

--
PeterN
Old April 19th 15, 09:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2015-04-15 20:34:00 +0000, Savageduck said:

Here is a Lightroom adjusted original (top left) compared with two
Exposure 7 renditions.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1295663/FileChute/screenshot_98.jpg

Here is what the color version looks like on its own.
https://db.tt/Q19nZvE6

Looks like you're having a ball.

Yup! However, certain folks here seem to think that is an HDR image (it
isnt), and so turn their noses up at my little experiment.

At the moment I am in a manic spending mode (that tax refund helps) so
who knows what direction it will lead me in.

Savageduck

Old April 19th 15, 11:47 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill W

On Sun, 19 Apr 2015 13:49:06 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

At the moment I am in a manic spending mode

Those are always good. Always.
Old April 20th 15, 12:21 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 2015-04-15 20:34:00 +0000, Savageduck said:

Here is a Lightroom adjusted original (top left) compared with two
Exposure 7 renditions.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1295663/FileChute/screenshot_98.jpg

Here is what the color version looks like on its own.
https://db.tt/Q19nZvE6

Looks like you're having a ball.

Yup! However, certain folks here seem to think that is an HDR image (it
isnt), and so turn their noses up at my little experiment.

At the moment I am in a manic spending mode (that tax refund helps) so
who knows what direction it will lead me in.

That helps the economy.

--
PeterN
Old April 22nd 15, 07:53 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2015-04-15 20:34:00 +0000, Savageduck said:

Here is a Lightroom adjusted original (top left) compared with two
Exposure 7 renditions.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1295663/FileChute/screenshot_98.jpg

Now that Lightroom CC (2015) is installed, here is an Exposure 7 B&W
conversion done after Lightroom CC adjustments:
https://db.tt/F3McVgSY

Savageduck

Exposure 7 Plug-in Trial Savageduck[_3_] Digital Photography 9 April 18th 15 05:45 PM
Has the "blurred water time-exposure" shot run its "course?" Alan Browne Digital SLR Cameras 50 August 20th 12 03:13 AM
Has the "blurred water time-exposure" shot run its "course?" bugbear Digital SLR Cameras 1 August 13th 12 10:13 PM
NX2 trial saycheez Digital Photography 2 June 21st 08 12:06 AM
Olympus Camera SDK - Trial Version? [email protected] Digital Photography 1 June 27th 07 09:26 AM