QST: Canon T90 help?

Old December 21st 03, 04:07 AM
Bob

Default QST: Canon T90 help?

Ok, So I'm wondering why there is a lack of power to the Canon T90!

So I open the Battery Compartment, I look down and see the Battery end
terminals, I use a penlite to see better...no hell.

What I do see is that the terminals at the bottom of the Battery
Compartment are no shiny, as a matter of fact, the circular + terminal is black,
whereas the - terminal is metallic.
So I tried a sandpaper pen I designed for these hard to get projects and
try to get a shine on the terminals....no luck, what I may be looking at is a
black plastic fill in the center of the circular + terminal, not anodized
metal. Can anyone confirm that?

There is no sign of anodizing in any other cameras or any terminals on
any of the T90 terminals anywhere at all. The circular + terminal end terminal
looks like some sabotage if the center of the circular + terminal is made of
black plastic!

Anyone ever been through this trip?

ThanX in Advance

Bob

Triad Productions-Fantalla(tm)~EZine~Para-Novel
WEB http://pages.istar.ca/~vampire/index.htm
BBS255-8787 1 Ring/Hangup/Wait 20 sec/ReCall.
Old December 21st 03, 11:09 AM
Steve Bell

On 21/12/03 4:07 am, in article ,
"Bob" wrote:

[...]

I've just looked into my T90's battery compartment, the left contact (+) is
black, and it's working fine.

Does anything appear in the display? Even with the 4 AA cells out you should
see the film number in the LCD display.

Somewhere I think I've a pdf of the service manual if you need it.

Steve Bell

Old December 21st 03, 12:40 PM

Well that's amazing, we now have black metal, or something, and it's so
hard to see down there, to actually view the construction of these little
terminal tabs!

All works properly with good nu batteries, in the standard compartment,
and I guess I won't be needing a Quantum battery module to boost it!

How do U figure the current is getting to through the plastic, since
there is just a small hair sized metal rim, around the plastic + terminal stud!

If U have the canon T90 *.pdf file, can U send it or provide a link?

ThanX in Advance

Bob

WWW http://triad.virtualave.net/index.htm
offnet http://triad.virtualave.net/contact.html