OT - Congratulations to George Bush - 4 more years!

Old November 3rd 04, 06:41 PM
Linda_N

Default OT - Congratulations to George Bush - 4 more years!

"Phil Hobgen" wrote in message
"Sparrow" wrote in message
Congratulations to President George W. Bush for beating Kerry in the
election by a margin of almost 4 million votes. America made the right
choice!

4 more years!

I'm looking forward to the headline "A close shave for Bush"

- maybe in "The Sun" tomorrow (a UK tabloid).

Whoever writes that would be correct.

USA: 320,000,000 (approx population)
Voter turnout: 65% or 208,000,000
Difference in votes between Bush in Kerry (if original poster's number is
correct): 4,000,000 or 2% (rounded up) difference.

That's a very close shave I'd say. He'll probably spend the next 4 years
sucking up to the American blacks, youth, and low income earners, if not he
will never win the next round as his caucasian middle/upper class population
is dwindling in numbers (by nature of changing population demographics) by
the year. He's got 4 years to win the crowds that currently do not relate to
him. I say Opera will run and win it all. Picture perfect.

Linda

Old November 3rd 04, 06:52 PM
Bob Hatch

In ,
Linda_N pounded out these words:
"Sparrow" wrote in message
[...]

He won't have a next time.

Old November 3rd 04, 06:54 PM
Owamanga

On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 14:41:00 -0400, "Linda_N"
wrote:
USA: 320,000,000 (approx population)
Voter turnout: 65% or 208,000,000
Difference in votes between Bush in Kerry (if original poster's number is
correct): 4,000,000 or 2% (rounded up) difference.

That's a very close shave I'd say. He'll probably spend the next 4 years
sucking up to the American blacks, youth, and low income earners, if not he
will never win the next round as his caucasian middle/upper class population
is dwindling in numbers (by nature of changing population demographics) by
the year. He's got 4 years to win the crowds that currently do not relate to
him. I say Opera will run and win it all. Picture perfect.

Linda

Watya talking about? Under US law, he can't run for a third term.

Your numbers are all buggered up too. US population was 293 million in
July 2004. A 65% turn-out doesn't include people under 18, or millions
of criminals who are prohibited from voting or millions of illegal
immigrants and millions of legal permanent residents, so it's not even
65% of 293 million. Approximately 115 million americans voted this
year.

The gap between Kerry and Bush (and this will change as the final 1%
come in) is about 3.5 million.

Opera won't stand a chance. Look out for Mr Giuliani in 4 years time.

--
Owamanga!
Old November 3rd 04, 07:28 PM
RSD99

"Linda_N" posted:
"...
USA: 320,000,000 (approx population)
Voter turnout: 65% or 208,000,000
Difference in votes between Bush in Kerry (if original poster's number is
correct): 4,000,000 or 2% (rounded up) difference.
...."

WAY off ... not even close!

First:
Not all of the population is eligible to vote ... and of those that are
actually eligible, not all have done their homework and Registered to vote.

Second:
The "difference" being quoted at this time is 3,525,408 votes. Not "a close
shave."

Third:
FWIW: ABC News' web site is currently (11:00 am PST) reporting:

George W. Bush
58,589,935 Votes
51.1 %
254 Electoral Votes

John F. Kerry
55064527 Votes
48 %
242 Electoral Votes

Ralph Nader
392,470
0.3 %
0 Electoral Votes

And actually ... a three percent (actually 3.1%) margin out of 111,757,916
votes is not "a close shave."It is 3,525,408 votes ... at the current
"numbers" (which *will* change as the count is completed ... probably in
the next ten days ... or so).

Old November 3rd 04, 07:35 PM
Mark M

"Sparrow" wrote in message
Congratulations to President George W. Bush for beating Kerry in the
election by a margin of almost 4 million votes. America made the right
choice!

4 more years!

It's the closest thing to a mandate we've seen in at least 12 years.

First, keep in mind that Clinton couldn't muster a majority in either of his
victories.
-The Democrats LOST more seats in the House last night.
-The Democrats LOST more seats in the Senate last night.
-Governor races went even MORE predominantly Republican than they already
were.
....And what is HUGE news???
--The Democrats lost their Senate Minority Leader! -Tom Daschle is OUT!!
The man that will likely replace him as minority leader is a no-name senator
from Nevada. -Most people would be hard-pressed to name him, or even
recognise that he is a senator when they hear his name.

The Democratic Party is in REAL and serious trouble nationwide as a result
of this overwhelmingly Republican election night.

So yes. It is arguably a REPUBLICAN mandate in that we have not seen such a
sweeping, devastating, PARTY victory like this since the Democrats lost
control of congress in 1994.

I cannot overstate the significance of this.
The Democratic Party was universally devastated last night.

Old November 3rd 04, 07:36 PM
Mark M

"Sparrow" wrote in message
[...]

Not only are you grossly misinformed on several levels, but I would add the
following:

It's the closest thing to a mandate we've seen in at least 12 years.

First, keep in mind that Clinton couldn't muster a majority in EITHER of his
victories.
Next:

Old November 3rd 04, 08:42 PM
DDDD

"RSD99" wrote in message
"Linda_N" posted:
"...
USA: 320,000,000 (approx population)
Voter turnout: 65% or 208,000,000
Difference in votes between Bush in Kerry (if original poster's number is
correct): 4,000,000 or 2% (rounded up) difference.
..."

[...]

What is amazing - and what a lot of foreigners can't seem to appreciate
this - is that a margin as close as this is normal in this country. A
margin such as this in many other countries would lead to civil war or
overthrow of the government by a dissident military.

This country almost always has a close presidential race. Look at Clinton -
he got in with around 46 percent of the vote, if memory serves, and neither
Bush Sr. nor Dole was far behind. The number of votes in this election was
the most ever for this country, yet it was still a dismal turnout if you
consider 'all' eligible voters. Anyone who wants to find fault with some
aspect of the election can do so. There are poor losers in all elections
and this one will produce the normal number. Bush is still the President,
regardless of how anyone feels and he will remain President for 4 more
years.

By the way, I had a hard decision when I went into the election booth
myself. I had to decide between two unqualified candidates and picked the
lesser of two bad choices. I will support him though, even if I don't
particularly like him.

Don Dunlap

Old November 3rd 04, 08:42 PM
DDDD