My film choice for my sisters Wedding - comments please

Old May 14th 04, 11:03 PM
Chris Wilkins

Default My film choice for my sisters Wedding - comments please

This my list for film for my sisters wedding.

Colour....
Fuji NPS 160
Fuji Reala ???-Not sure when would be the best time to use this-same
time when you would use Fuji NPC???
Fuji NPH 400

B&W...
Kodak T400CN (or maybes Fuji's Neopan 400CN - don't know how this
compares to Kodaks)
Ilford Delta 3200 - for some indoor shots

Is it worth using any Ilford PanF Plus 50? Or and Traditional B&W
film?

Any comments, addition, changes etc on the above please

Chris....
Old May 17th 04, 01:55 AM
Gordon Moat

Chris Wilkins wrote:

This my list for film for my sisters wedding.

Colour....
Fuji NPS 160
Fuji Reala ???-Not sure when would be the best time to use this-same
time when you would use Fuji NPC???
Fuji NPH 400

The NPH 400 would be okay on the skin tones, and might be enough for
indoors usage. I am guessing you are using 35 mm, though my experience
with NPH is only on roll film.

B&W...
Kodak T400CN (or maybes Fuji's Neopan 400CN - don't know how this
compares to Kodaks)
Ilford Delta 3200 - for some indoor shots

I guess the Ilford is to avoid using flash. Might get some interesting
shots that way. Since this is your sister, my guess is that you are
attending the wedding, but not the sole photographer.

You can also try using Kodak TMX400 pushed two stops, which gets you to
ISO 1600. I just used some like that for a job, and the results were
great under fairly low light levels. Obviously, the Delta 3200 gives you
one step faster shutter speed.

Is it worth using any Ilford PanF Plus 50? Or and Traditional B&W
film?

If there is an outdoor time of the ceremony, or you want to use a good
flash unit, then slower speed film could get some nice results. Rather
than Ilford Pan F 50, I would choose AGFA APX100 for smoother skin
tones, and a more even result, even with flash.

Any comments, addition, changes etc on the above please

Chris....

Available light shots, especially under low light conditions, are
something the wedding photographer might not do at all. That would be an
opportunity for you to get some unusual candid shots that you could
share with your sister.

I hope it is a wonderful ceremony. Have fun, eat well, and don't drink
too much, then your photos should be a welcome addition that your sister
will enjoy adding to the memories of that day.

Ciao!

Gordon Moat
A G Studio
http://www.allgstudio.com