Finally a decent bird shot

Old May 19th 07, 01:09 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
JimKramer

Default Finally a decent bird shot

On May 18, 5:11 pm, "Frank ess" wrote:
JimKramer wrote:
On May 18, 4:40 pm, "Frank ess" wrote:
JimKramer wrote:
On May 17, 9:55 pm, "Frank ess" wrote:
JimKramer wrote:
On May 16, 3:03 pm, Paul Furman wrote:
JimKramer wrote:
On May 16, 1:05 am, Paul Furman wrote:

JimKramer wrote:

On May 15, 3:07 pm, Paul Furman wrote:
http://www.edgehill.net/1/?SC=go.php&DIR=California/Bay-Area/edgewood...
click for full pixel enlargement

JimKramer wrote:

On May 14, 1:00 pm, Annika1980 wrote:

THE 20D LOVES DECENT BIRD SHOTS !!!

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/78721785

I think you both need more blue in your birds
http://www.jlkramer.net/Pictures/bluebirds.htm

Gorgeous but ours were wild catches... no birdfeeder :-)

http://www.jlkramer.net/Pictures/blue_grosbeak1.htm

Full sun with a fast lens vs. shade and a slow lens. My
heart
goes
out to you. :-) :-)

OK, not bad for 800mm f/8, I was at 420mm f/4 but it took
lots
of
patience to get that close without bait. Did ya focus manual?
did. :-) and mine is still sharper at full pixel crop and
I'll
bet
I paid less for my old lens & TC pbtbtbt!

With the TC I didn't have a choice but to focus manually. I
would
think that you would indeed win the price war. :-( I would
definitely need a bigger/brighter view finder before I became
enamored with MF all the time with the tele's.

I might have lost the price war if we count my D200 camera body
at
full price when it just came out.

With birding you move or you make the bird move, if you move
you'd
better be unobtrusive or on an island with out predators. :-)

Well I will give you points for finding a more uncommon &
interesting bird.

Sharper indeed - look at the eyes. Pbtfbtbft! :-)

Did you click for the full pixel crop?

--
Paul Furman Photographyhttp://www.edgehill.net/1
Bay Natives Nurseryhttp://www.baynatives.com-Hidequotedtext -

I did. Perhaps we need an impartial judge. Volunteers!?

Which is sharper the full pixel crop at:

Jim's
http://www.jlkramer.net/Pictures/blue_grosbeak1.htm

or

Paul's
http://www.edgehill.net/1/?SC=go.php...-Area/edgewood...

? :-)

Both are obscured by lint. No "sharpness" involved.

--
Frank ess- Hide quoted text -

Lint! I only launder money, not birds! :-)

Guess I was looking at the wrong navels ...

--
Frank ess- Hide quoted text -

Don't be ridiculous, money doesn't have a navel. It was minted not
born.

Well, then. What navel should I have been gazing at?

--
Frank ess- Hide quoted text -

I've alway been very fond of this one.

http://www.jlkramer.net/Pictures/Naval.htm

Jim

Old May 19th 07, 01:28 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Frank ess

JimKramer wrote:
On May 18, 5:11 pm, "Frank ess" wrote:
JimKramer wrote:

[ ... ]

[...]

That /is/ nice. I see it's pierced and adorned with a lovely red,
white, and green jewel.

Yes, very nice.

--
Frank ess