camedia master

Old May 25th 06, 08:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default camedia master

Can anyone help me? I'm going crazy with camedia master. My computer says "
no effective serial number is registered. Uninstall and then reinstall"...I
cant find the original cd that I got with this camera and when I download it
online it says "access to this file is prohibited"....what am I supposed to
do? I cant even look at my pictures on the computer....Please help.
Old May 25th 06, 09:11 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

In article 60cafbdac4379@uwe, "skaminski" u22260@uwe wrote:
Can anyone help me? I'm going crazy with camedia master

You may be out of luck if you're using the 4.0 Camedia, which I believe
requires a key. The 2.5 version, which I consider far more user-friendly and
useable, does not require any registration if memory serves. Possibly the 2.5
will be floating around on the web somewhere, and as you presumably have an
Olympus camera shouldn't violate anyone's moral sensitivities, but I can't
point to any specific site.

Art
Old May 26th 06, 06:21 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

I've had three Olympus cameras, so with some experience I ask you: what do
you want Camedia Master for?

Old May 26th 06, 09:12 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

When I had problems with Camedia I contact Olympus support and they sent me
a new one.

I cant even look at my pictures on the computer

You can download my PhotoMan application from
http://homepages.tesco.net/~Keith.Sh...toman/home.htm. It has the
ability to interface directly with Olympus cameras. Click on the camera
icon to open up your camera's contents as a folder then download images to
PC if desired.

Keith

Old May 26th 06, 01:24 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

MB wrote:
I've had three Olympus cameras, so with some experience I ask you: what do
you want Camedia Master for?

Hi...

He said that he can't even see his pictures, so I suspect that
he might be confusing Camedia Master with Olympus Master.
(really poor and confusing choice of names for Olympus)

Just in case you don't yet know, Olympus Master (currently at
version 1.42) is almost the only way to look at Olympus's
raw (.orf) files. (there are a couple of 3rd party programs,
such as Bibble, and for *some* .orf's orfsuite)

Take care.

Ken

Old May 27th 06, 01:29 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

On Thu, 25 May 2006 19:58:00 GMT
"skaminski" u22260@uwe wrote:

Can anyone help me? I'm going crazy with camedia master. My computer
says " no effective serial number is registered. Uninstall and then
reinstall"...I cant find the original cd that I got with this camera
and when I download it online it says "access to this file is
prohibited"....what am I supposed to do? I cant even look at my
pictures on the computer....Please help.

Tell us what camera you have. Olympus point and shoot cameras come
with a thing called "Camedia Master" that can be used for downloading
and viewing images. It's pretty poor software, is completely
unnecessary on modern OS's like Windows XP, Linux, or MacOS X, and
you should throw it away.

On the other hand, the software that came with my 5-year-old C700
didn't ask for a serial number, suggesting that you might really
mean something other than Camedia Master. Olympus DSLR's apparently
come with a similiarly-named program for processing RAW images. You
didn't say anything about having a DSLR or shooting in RAW, so we
can't really tell what your problem is.

Paul Allen