A Very Lucky Shot

Old January 9th 13, 04:23 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
M-M

Default A Very Lucky Shot

This is definitely being at the right place at the right time. The
people with me did not even see it happen- it was that quick:

http://www.netaxs.com/~mhmyers/d80/DSC_28893.jpg

--
m-m
Photo Gallery:
Old January 9th 13, 05:36 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Paul Ciszek

In article ,
M-M wrote:
This is definitely being at the right place at the right time. The
people with me did not even see it happen- it was that quick:

http://www.netaxs.com/~mhmyers/d80/DSC_28893.jpg

Nice!

--
Please reply to: | "We establish no religion in this country, we
pciszek at panix dot com | command no worship, we mandate no belief, nor

Old January 9th 13, 01:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Kwincay Ercolinowitz

On 08-Jan-13 23:23, M-M wrote:
This is definitely being at the right place at the right time. The
people with me did not even see it happen- it was that quick:

The shot reminds us all of the negroes that always have their mouths
open looking for handouts from the government. The taxpayer, especially
the rich are getting raped by the government so lazy negroes can stay on
foodstamps and welfare instead of working like humans.

Old January 9th 13, 08:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
philo [_4_]

On 01/09/2013 07:42 AM, Kwincay Ercolinowitz wrote:

**PLONK**

(first one ever for this group)
Old January 10th 13, 02:43 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Robert Coe

On Tue, 08 Jan 2013 23:23:52 -0500, M-M wrote:
: This is definitely being at the right place at the right time. The
: people with me did not even see it happen- it was that quick:
:
: http://www.netaxs.com/~mhmyers/d80/DSC_28893.jpg

Did the fish make that mistake on his own, or was he thrown to the porpoise by
an employee of the aquarium?

Bob
Old January 10th 13, 06:14 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
M-M

In article ,
Robert Coe wrote:

On Tue, 08 Jan 2013 23:23:52 -0500, M-M wrote:
: This is definitely being at the right place at the right time. The
: people with me did not even see it happen- it was that quick:
:
: http://www.netaxs.com/~mhmyers/d80/DSC_28893.jpg

Did the fish make that mistake on his own, or was he thrown to the porpoise by
an employee of the aquarium?

Bob

The shot was taken from the beach. No aquarium- completely natural
settings. I believe from the splashes in the water, that the dolphin
flipped the fish up with his tail then caught it with his mouth.

Quite amazing.

--
m-m
Photo Gallery:
Old January 10th 13, 06:19 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
M-M

In article ,
Robert Coe wrote:

On Tue, 08 Jan 2013 23:23:52 -0500, M-M wrote:
: This is definitely being at the right place at the right time. The
: people with me did not even see it happen- it was that quick:
:
: http://www.netaxs.com/~mhmyers/d80/DSC_28893.jpg

Did the fish make that mistake on his own, or was he thrown to the porpoise by
an employee of the aquarium?

Bob

Here is the uncropped full frame (reduced) original to show the natural
surroundings:

http://www.netaxs.com/~mhmyers/d80/DSC_8893ff.jpg

--
m-m
Photo Gallery:
Old January 11th 13, 02:37 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mort[_3_]

M-M wrote:
This is definitely being at the right place at the right time. The
people with me did not even see it happen- it was that quick:

http://www.netaxs.com/~mhmyers/d80/DSC_28893.jpg

Hi,

Yes, you were lucky, but you were also there with your camera at the
ready. Had you had to take the camera out of your case or pocket, then
you would have missed the shot. Being prepared is half the battle.

Great shot.

Mort Linder
Old January 11th 13, 03:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
George Kerby

On 1/11/13 7:42 AM, in article
, "Whisky-dave"
wrote:

On Thursday, January 10, 2013 6:14:49 PM UTC, M-M wrote:
In article ,

Robert Coe wrote:

On Tue, 08 Jan 2013 23:23:52 -0500, M-M wrote:

: This is definitely being at the right place at the right time. The

: people with me did not even see it happen- it was that quick:

:

:
http://www.netaxs.com/~mhmyers/d80/DSC_28893.jpg

Did the fish make that mistake on his own, or was he thrown to the porpoise
by

an employee of the aquarium?

Bob

The shot was taken from the beach. No aquarium- completely natural

settings. I believe from the splashes in the water, that the dolphin

flipped the fish up with his tail then caught it with his mouth.

Whales have been seen doing that sort of thing with popropse

On porpoise?

Old January 11th 13, 03:33 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2013-01-11 07:02:08 -0800, George Kerby said:

On 1/11/13 7:42 AM, in article
, "Whisky-dave"

Robert Coe wrote:

On Tue, 08 Jan 2013 23:23:52 -0500, M-M wrote:

: This is definitely being at the right place at the right time. The
: people with me did not even see it happen- it was that quick:
:
:
http://www.netaxs.com/~mhmyers/d80/DSC_28893.jpg

Did the fish make that mistake on his own, or was he thrown to the porpoise
by an employee of the aquarium?
Bob

The shot was taken from the beach. No aquarium- completely natural

settings. I believe from the splashes in the water, that the dolphin

flipped the fish up with his tail then caught it with his mouth.

Whales have been seen doing that sort of thing with popropse

On porpoise?

....or from the Jersey Shore, "on poipuss"?

Savageduck