Kodak Easyshare data file handling

Old October 21st 05, 11:02 PM
Nira Johnson

Default Kodak Easyshare data file handling

I have been using Easyshare s/w versions 4 and now version 5 for several
years

The default folder Easyshare uses for the camera jpg files is:

c:\My Documents\My Pictures\Kodak Pictures

My C: drive partition is getting full and I want to move the Kodak
Pictures directory to my F:\ partition, which has 3 Gb free...

The Kodak Pictures directory, is about 3,500 jpgs and 402 Mb in size....

I want to move this default directory, but do it in such a manner so
that all the picture details and info maintained by Easyshare will not
be lost because of the move.

Can anyone tell, or suggest how best to do this.

I have searched the Kodak web site with no luck regarding this task, nor
the Easyshare Help files..

Thanks in advance
Old November 9th 05, 04:27 AM
news.rr.com

Greetings Nira,

You can try the 'Move' command in Windows to see if you can retain
information from one location to another. If that does not work, you will
have to rebuild your catalog.

Kodak EasyShare does not change the actual image file but only points to it
for edits and captions etc. So, if you move the picture the related
information will not be able to find the file and so the names and edits
will not be effective. You may have to move your files then rename them. Or,
use EasyShare to relocate the images. It would take a long time with the
number of images you have.

I think we shared on this previously. If you have additional questions Nira,
let me know.

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company