Books on Composition, developing an "Eye"?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 3rd 04, 09:21 PM
William J. Slater

Default Books on Composition, developing an "Eye"?

I've come to the point where I feel I need to study others or
professional's photos to determine what I like about them. I would
like to try to learn something about general composition, lighting,
framing, etc. I've got the basics down on what diffent lenses do,
shutter speed, appature, depth of field, filters (for the most part),
etc. I do need to work on lighting and how to use it effectively.

What I would like to know is if anyone has suggestions on books or
names of photograhers to purchase and study their work? I am not
trying to be a professional just want to learn to take better
pictures. I travel a bit, I like macro photography, photographing
antiques, the wifes gardens and birds and generally experimenting with
new ideas and techniques. Pretty wide range I guess.

TIA for any and all suggestions.