New Panasonic Lumix DSLR finally arrived!

Old August 31st 07, 01:08 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.misc,alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.misc
[email protected]

Default New Panasonic Lumix DSLR finally arrived!

The new Panasonic Lumix DMC- L10 is finally arrived. However, I have
not seen any sample photos. I wonder on how does it compare to other
competitors. I heard it shares some of the technologies with the
Olympus E-510. Having the four thirds type sensor, does this mean that
the sensor size is slightly smaller than the standard DSLR sensor
( i.e 18x13.5mm instead of around 22x15mm)?
Curious to see how the sample photos turned out using the standard
Leica kit lens. Anyone saw sample photos from any website yet?

Old August 31st 07, 07:26 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.misc,alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.misc
Sosumi

wrote in message
ups.com...
The new Panasonic Lumix DMC- L10 is finally arrived. However, I have
not seen any sample photos. I wonder on how does it compare to other
competitors. I heard it shares some of the technologies with the
Olympus E-510. Having the four thirds type sensor, does this mean that
the sensor size is slightly smaller than the standard DSLR sensor
( i.e 18x13.5mm instead of around 22x15mm)?
Curious to see how the sample photos turned out using the standard
Leica kit lens. Anyone saw sample photos from any website yet?

If you donīt know anything, how do you know it has "arrived"?

Old August 31st 07, 09:30 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.misc,alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.misc
Gummo[_2_]

"Sosumi" wrote in message

If you donīt know anything, how do you know it has "arrived"?

Stop being deliberately obtuse.

Gummo.

Old August 31st 07, 09:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.misc,alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.misc
Tony Polson

"Sosumi" wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...
The new Panasonic Lumix DMC- L10 is finally arrived. However, I have
not seen any sample photos. I wonder on how does it compare to other
competitors. I heard it shares some of the technologies with the
Olympus E-510. Having the four thirds type sensor, does this mean that
the sensor size is slightly smaller than the standard DSLR sensor
( i.e 18x13.5mm instead of around 22x15mm)?
Curious to see how the sample photos turned out using the standard
Leica kit lens. Anyone saw sample photos from any website yet?

If you donīt know anything, how do you know it has "arrived"?

In the days when a certain photography equipment review site posted a
user review page for a new camera on the same day it was announced,
there would be dozens of "user reviews" posted within a few days.

Of course none of these people had even seen or touched the camera,
let alone used it.

Old September 1st 07, 01:40 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.misc,alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.misc
Rich

On Aug 31, 8:08 am, wrote:
The new Panasonic Lumix DMC- L10 is finally arrived. However, I have
not seen any sample photos. I wonder on how does it compare to other
competitors. I heard it shares some of the technologies with the
Olympus E-510. Having the four thirds type sensor, does this mean that
the sensor size is slightly smaller than the standard DSLR sensor
( i.e 18x13.5mm instead of around 22x15mm)?
Curious to see how the sample photos turned out using the standard
Leica kit lens. Anyone saw sample photos from any website yet?

Looks flimsy and cheap, like their P&S cameras. I hope it isn't sized
for midget hands.

Old September 1st 07, 12:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.misc,alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.misc
[email protected]

On Aug 31, 7:40 pm, Rich wrote:
On Aug 31, 8:08 am, wrote:

The new Panasonic Lumix DMC- L10 is finally arrived. However, I have
not seen any sample photos. I wonder on how does it compare to other
competitors. I heard it shares some of the technologies with the
Olympus E-510. Having the four thirds type sensor, does this mean that
the sensor size is slightly smaller than the standard DSLR sensor
( i.e 18x13.5mm instead of around 22x15mm)?
Curious to see how the sample photos turned out using the standard
Leica kit lens. Anyone saw sample photos from any website yet?

Looks flimsy and cheap, like their P&S cameras. I hope it isn't sized
for midget hands.

A limited number of sample shots can be viewed at
http://www.letsgodigital.org/en/1649...x-l10-preview/
The Panasonic website has not shown any sample photos yet.

I am not sure if this camera will compete head on with the popular and
entry level DSLR in the market today. Price range seems to be slotted
to compete with D80 or 40D. Similar to the L1, perhaps it is a little
too expensive and people may end up buying its "sibling" - the Olympus
510 instead. The Leica lens may be a factor in the high price of the
camera, but it will certainly promise a good quality, sharp pictures.

Old September 1st 07, 05:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.misc,alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.misc
JML

Hands-on preview:
http://www.dpreview.com/previews/panasonicdmcl10/

Yes, the sensor is smaller than regular APS-C size sensors, which means
that - with equal number of megapixels - the individual sensors are
smaller, making them more prone to noise and dirt. Seems like they are
doing a fairly good job at handling noise, though, judging from the
pictures.

In my opinion, and unless you already have 2/3 gear, I would stay away
and go with a regular APS-C size camera. The 2/3 market is still
immature and highly overprized.

JML

Old September 1st 07, 10:56 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.misc,alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.misc
Dave Cohen

wrote:
On Aug 31, 7:40 pm, Rich wrote:
On Aug 31, 8:08 am, wrote:

[...]

To my uneducated eye, those pictures could have been taken with any
camera, but it's not everyday you get a close up of a horse's ass.
Dave Cohen
Old September 2nd 07, 12:25 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.misc,alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.misc
Gummo[_2_]

"Dave Cohen" wrote in message

To my uneducated eye, those pictures could have been taken with any
camera, but it's not everyday you get a close up of a horse's ass.
Dave Cohen

Ditto.

Gummo

Old September 2nd 07, 06:19 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.misc,alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.misc
JoeT[_2_]

wrote:
On Aug 31, 7:40 pm, Rich wrote:
On Aug 31, 8:08 am, wrote:

[...]

My biggest question concerns the supposed ISO comparison shots. Wouldn't it
be easier, not to mention far more relevant to the purpose of comparison, to
actually use the same shot while changing settings? lol