Portrait of the average American voter...

Old November 10th 06, 12:47 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
William Graham

Default Portrait of the average American voter...

"rafe b" wrote in message

"William Graham" wrote in message
. ..

But you should tell me what we should do about people like Saddam
Hussein. How would you handle despots like that?

Who sez it's the job of the USA to rid the world of despots?

Who gives us the right (or wisdom) to judge who's a despot and
who's not? We have zero credibility in that department.

The USA has a sad history of *supporting* some of the most
ruthless despots on the planet. Study your history, William.

OK. I will. - But someday, while I am studying away, there will be a
brilliant flash of light....And then, all will be darkness
forever........(at least for me and my neighbors.)

Old November 10th 06, 02:16 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
MarkČ

That_Rich wrote:
On Thu, 9 Nov 2006 15:47:43 -0800, "William Graham"
wrote:

"rafe b" wrote in message

"William Graham" wrote in message
. ..

But you should tell me what we should do about people like
Saddam Hussein. How would you handle despots like that?

Who sez it's the job of the USA to rid the world of despots?

Who gives us the right (or wisdom) to judge who's a despot and
who's not? We have zero credibility in that department.

The USA has a sad history of *supporting* some of the most
ruthless despots on the planet. Study your history, William.

OK. I will. - But someday, while I am studying away, there will be a
brilliant flash of light....And then, all will be darkness
forever........(at least for me and my neighbors.)

Karl Roves "fear and smear" campaign caught you... hook, line and
sinker.

Where's your Karl Rove / Lee A****er scum tactics NOW

RP©
-
"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed
(and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by an endless series of
hobgoblins; all of them imaginary."

-H.L. Mencken, 1923

That's an interesting quote...especially given the date.
Surely you realize that within less than twenty years from the date of that
quote...a world war would start...end...and then be replaced by yet another,
more horrific world war.
All of them imaginary?????
-Dump the quote, and find one that's not so unbelievably and embarrassingly
wrong for its day.

www.pbase.com/markuson

Old November 10th 06, 02:43 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
William Graham

wrote:

"rafe b" wrote in message

[...]

Yes, but, "Just because I'm paranoid, that doesn't mean that someone isn't
out to get me."
Just what are us poor republicans supposed to think when the president
of Syria says, "We are trying to obtain an atom bomb, and just as soon as we
get one, we are going to drop it on Israel."
What would you do if your neighbor down the block came to your door and
said, "I have a gun on order, and just as soon as it arrives, I am going to
load it and come down here and blow you away." - So you call the police,
(the UN) and they say, "Sorry, but we can't do anything until he commits the
crime".
I'm sorry guys, but you haven't convinced me.....All I can do now, is
hope you are right, and continue to vote for the meanest SOB on the block
whenever I get the chance.....Bush, apparently, wasn't near mean
enough........

Old November 10th 06, 02:47 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
William Graham

wrote:

"rafe b" wrote in message

[...]

Yeah, and jump forward another 80 years, and you have a situation where you
don't need a world class leader to start your wars.....Any two-bit religious
nut can gather the wherewithal to wipe out a whole American city of several
million people. - And they call me a nut.........

Old November 10th 06, 02:49 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Raphael Bustin

On Thu, 9 Nov 2006 17:16:54 -0800, "MarkČ" mjmorgan(lowest even
number wrote:

-H.L. Mencken, 1923

That's an interesting quote...especially given the date.
Surely you realize that within less than twenty years from the date of that
quote...a world war would start...end...and then be replaced by yet another,
more horrific world war.
All of them imaginary?????
-Dump the quote, and find one that's not so unbelievably and embarrassingly
wrong for its day.

The "funny" thing is that the threats with the greatest
potential harm don't get much airtime at all these days --

Climate change, rising oceans, global water shortages,
deforestation, peak oil, pandemics, out-of-control population
growth, nuclear proliferation, die-off of fish and marine
species.

Instead we're supposed to fear terrorists, gays,
flag-burners, and uppity women.

rafe b
www.terrapinphoto.com
Old November 10th 06, 02:57 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
MarkČ

number wrote:

-H.L. Mencken, 1923

That's an interesting quote...especially given the date.
Surely you realize that within less than twenty years from the date
of that quote...a world war would start...end...and then be replaced
by yet another, more horrific world war.
All of them imaginary?????
-Dump the quote, and find one that's not so unbelievably and
embarrassingly wrong for its day.

The "funny" thing is that the threats with the greatest
potential harm don't get much airtime at all these days --

Climate change, rising oceans, global water shortages,
deforestation, peak oil, pandemics, out-of-control population
growth, nuclear proliferation, die-off of fish and marine
species.

You must not have a radio, television, newspaper or the internet!
-That's ALL OVER the place! It's all we hear!!
My nephew brought a flyer home from school today with a HUGE heading
at the top which read, "SAVE THE EARTH!!"

You know what it was a flyer for???
-Giving your used ink-jet cartridges to some company for recycling.

I have nothing against recycling...but it irks me to see such ridiculously
overstated come-ons like this.
They apparently think elementary kids/parents are stupid, and are trying to
cater to that stupidity.

Instead we're supposed to fear terrorists, gays,
flag-burners, and uppity women.

I think it's time for you to find another news source, Rafe.

www.pbase.com/markuson

Old November 10th 06, 03:00 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
William Graham

wrote:

"rafe b" wrote in message

[...]

Yep, if I was a Bush Republican like yourself I'd find it embarrassing
as well. Dump your blind Bush republicanism and take the quote for
what it really means.

RP©
-
Have another quote, yet even older than the previous that pays tribute
to the Bush regime and it's followers.....
-

-Benjamin Franklin-

Well, I sure hope you guys are right....the problem is, you are asking me to
bet my life on it........

Old November 10th 06, 03:02 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
William Graham

number wrote:

[...]

You can fear the gays, flag-burners, and uppity women, but I am only worried
about the terrorists.....After all, 9-11 really did happen, you know........

Old November 10th 06, 03:05 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
William Graham

"That_Rich" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 9 Nov 2006 17:43:37 -0800, "William Graham"
wrote:

snip
I'm sorry guys, but you haven't convinced me.....All I can do now, is
hope you are right, and continue to vote for the meanest SOB on the block
whenever I get the chance.....Bush, apparently, wasn't near mean
enough........

Maybe Dick Cheney will run in 2008.

It won't matter....Everyone is going to vote for Hillary......On the other
hand, maybe she will turn out to be the meanest SOB on the block.......

Old November 10th 06, 03:34 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Raphael Bustin

On Thu, 9 Nov 2006 18:00:36 -0800, "William Graham"
wrote:

Well, I sure hope you guys are right....the problem is, you are asking me to
bet my life on it........

You wimpering coward, you. Where's that Republican
macho bluster? In the face of Osama, you turn to into jello.

You may find it interesting that the denizens of Manhattan --
who actually suffered the most from 9/11 -- are overwhelmingly
opposed to "Dear Leader's" efforts to protect them.

There are about a thousand things that concern me far
more than the next terrorist attack on my home town.

rafe b
www.terrapinphoto.com