Off Topic: 30 Killed in Protest as Outrage over Cartoons Spreads

Old February 6th 06, 02:25 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Default Off Topic: 30 Killed in Protest as Outrage over Cartoons Spreads

"William Graham" wrote in message
. ..

"Kinon O'Cann" wrote in message

"Doug Robbins" wrote in message
From the Mercury News:

"BEIRUT, Lebanon - A Muslim protest over caricatures of the Prophet
Muhammad turned into a rampage that injured at least 30 people in Beirut
on Sunday, as outrage over the drawings spread across continents and
widened the rift between Islam and the West."

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercu...d/13799947.htm

Hmmm. Folks portrayed as violent fanatics protest by acting like violent
fanatics. As Alanis Morrisette would say, "Isn't It Ironic?"

I'm going to hate myself, but it seems that the main problem facing Islam
is Islam. Their solution to everything that they don't like is to kill.
Someone writes a book they don't like? Kill the author. A cartoon? Kill
the Danes. Did the Catholics protest when Maplethorp showed his work
called "**** Christ?" Yes. Did they kill, or threaten to kill? No. Why is
Islam so violent?

My guess is that it's not Islam the religion that is so violent, but its
the pare of the world that most of them come from that is so
violent....They have been solving their problems for thousands of years by
killing their enemies.

Oh, and they have absolutely NO sense of humour. Have you seen those
cartoons, quite funny really. Very clever.

Old February 6th 06, 02:29 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"Jasen" wrote in message

"Joseph Kewfi" wrote in message
snipped other stuff

"Their solution to everything that they don't like is to kill."
I suppose you think that the born again in the white house was living by
the
bible when he destroyed a country, killed thousands and celebrated
"Mission
Accomplished" afterwards? The reality 'we' live in, is built on hypocrisy
and double standards.

Never a greater truth has been spoken by any man. Islam and the US
government plus a few other "mates" are virtually one and the same,
although through different means and motivations.

meant to say Islamic terrorists....not Islam itself.

Old February 6th 06, 03:00 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"Joseph Kewfi" wrote in message
The biggest problem with Islam is that....

The armchair experts conclude...

This thread is a joke, how many of you people actually know any practising
Muslims ? none I'd bet, go back to sleep lads.

Hey, in my defense, the republicans currently in charge of the US missed out
on the Enlightenment, too... ;-)

Matt Clara
www.mattclara.com

Old February 6th 06, 03:42 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Was it necessary to know any practising Nazis to have an opinion about
them?

I suppose opinions are like assholes, everybody got one.

ups.com...

Old February 6th 06, 03:43 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"Joseph Kewfi" wrote in message
The biggest problem with Islam is that....

The armchair experts conclude...

This thread is a joke, how many of you people actually know any practising
Muslims ? none I'd bet, go back to sleep lads.

I work with several. All fully support the protests, and claim that
sometimes you have to go to extremes. A few of the Muslims I've worked with
also support the death sentence handed to Rushdie for his book.

With that little formality out of the way, can you explain why the Muslims
are so quick to resort to violence? Why did they pass a death sentence on
Rushdie? Why do they protest a stupid cartoon in such a violent manner? Can
you explain this?

wrote in message
ps.com...
The biggest problem with Islam is that, unlike in the West, there was
never any central authority, no 'pope'. With the rise of protestantism,
the rebellion against the papacy and the assetion of the hegemony by
Henry VIII, and the attacks on religion by David Hume, the church was
no longer looked upon as absolute. When the black death wiped out half
of Europe, the clergy not excepted, the ability of clergy to protect
against evils became suspect. Atheism became a much more reasonable
position...

Matt Clara wrote:
"Kinon O'Cann" wrote in message

"Doug Robbins" wrote in message
From the Mercury News:

[...]

Off topic but WTF.

Doug

They missed out on the Enlightenment.

Matt Clara
www.mattclara.com

Old February 6th 06, 03:44 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Yes.....And we can only hope that the apologists wake up in time.......

Your president is a loony, and I'm suppose to be frightened by a few angry
Muslims...sheesh.

"MarkČ" mjmorgan(lowest even number wrote in message
Kinon O'Cann wrote:
"Doug Robbins" wrote in message
From the Mercury News:

"BEIRUT, Lebanon - A Muslim protest over caricatures of the Prophet
Muhammad turned into a rampage that injured at least 30 people in
Beirut on Sunday, as outrage over the drawings spread across
continents and widened the rift between Islam and the West."

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercu...d/13799947.htm

Hmmm. Folks portrayed as violent fanatics protest by acting like
violent fanatics. As Alanis Morrisette would say, "Isn't It Ironic?"

I'm going to hate myself, but it seems that the main problem facing
Islam is Islam. Their solution to everything that they don't like is
to kill. Someone writes a book they don't like? Kill the author. A
cartoon? Kill the Danes. Did the Catholics protest when Maplethorp
showed his work called "**** Christ?" Yes. Did they kill, or threaten
to kill? No. Why is Islam so violent?

Because...despite all the politically correct BS commentary to the
contrary...
-Too much of Islam DOES encourage this sort of criminal behavior.
-Their leaders DO remain all too silent about these things (with a few
insignificant exceptions).
-And let's face it...regardless of what MAY have been an idealized,
originally less-violent belief system...has not reached a point where
millions advocate murder over cartoons, and the extermination of the

Jews
in Israel. Just because one's motive for murder is religion...does not
make it anything other than murder. These people shouldn't be treated

as
zealots...they are criminals...killers...murderers--and should be

treated
as such. If a guy is chanting in the street that he wants you dead, and
is encouraging the real, active murder of another...they are accessories
in those murders, and should be arrested, tried, and if convicted,
imprisoned or worse.

The world has been sitting back on their cow-towing arses so long that

it
takes cartoon-motivated murder and atomic weapons in the hands of Iran
before they even begin to open an eye-lid.

Sheesh.

Yes.....And we can only hope that the apologists wake up in time.......

Old February 6th 06, 03:44 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

wrote in message
ps.com...
The biggest problem with Islam is that, unlike in the West, there was
never any central authority, no 'pope'. With the rise of protestantism,
the rebellion against the papacy and the assetion of the hegemony by
Henry VIII, and the attacks on religion by David Hume, the church was
no longer looked upon as absolute. When the black death wiped out half
of Europe, the clergy not excepted, the ability of clergy to protect
against evils became suspect. Atheism became a much more reasonable
position...

And it still is.......

I would love to see an atheist replace the so-called Christian we have in
the white house now. Would be a huge step up.

Old February 6th 06, 05:32 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

They are immature - and like VERY dangerous children.There is no way of
reasoning with them as they are on a totally different wavelength.The
old saying - "East is East and West is West and never the twain shall
meet" comes to mind.

Old February 6th 06, 07:29 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"Joseph Kewfi" wrote in message
Yes.....And we can only hope that the apologists wake up in time.......

Your president is a loony, and I'm suppose to be frightened by a few angry
Muslims...sheesh.

Yes, he is, but he is completely removed from this thread. The cartoon was
Danish, the protests and riots are Muslim. And who frightens you is your
business. I asked a question, that's all: why are Muslims so violent? Why
kill over a cartoon? Why did they threaten to kill the author of a book
simply because they didn't like the book? Why is their reaction to anything
offensive to kill?

Old February 6th 06, 08:27 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

The comment about having to know nazis to despite was great. No you
don't - you only have to know how they act. Killing innocent people
because they hail from a certain country is the action of mindless
fools.

We have to wake up? I think it's the radical muslims that have to wake
up - a little awareness would go a long way. Plus, I'm sure the
majority of Islam suicide bombers are the dopes of the society. They
indoctrinate them to so the dirty work.

Riots over a cartoon - you have got to be kidding me. I think there's
also the issue that the regions where the religion thrives has only
been a civilized area for a short time. Before modern life came to them
they were nomadic tribes I'm sure acting in individual barbarous ways.
Look at the Catholic Church in the past like the Spanish Inquisition -
burned at the stake for heresy or suspicion of practicing the black
arts. We have already grown out of that phase.

Cartoons?