mail to kodak person: kodak V550)

Old December 15th 05, 06:46 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default mail to kodak person: kodak V550)

I would like to know about the maximum movie length possible with 1GB
memory for kodak v550 digital camera (say i hour or so ....). It stores
the data in MPEG4 format which is of very compressed technique.
Is dock really required with Kodak v550 for just charging the
batteries? I am not connecting it to any printer (i think that is the
only case where Dock comes in picture).
Thanks,

Old December 15th 05, 08:53 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

santosh wrote:
I would like to know about the maximum movie length possible with 1GB
memory for kodak v550 digital camera (say i hour or so ....). It
stores the data in MPEG4 format which is of very compressed
technique. Is dock really required with Kodak v550 for just charging
the batteries? I am not connecting it to any printer (i think that is
the only case where Dock comes in picture). Thanks,

For the first time, videos can be automatically turned into
stop-action still pictures perfect for printing and sharing. Record
longer, up to 80 minutes, TV-quality videos with sound, while using
less memory storage.

http://www.letsgodigital.org/en/news...tory_3285.html

Should answer your questions.
Old December 16th 05, 08:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

santosh wrote:

I would like to know about the maximum movie length possible with 1GB
memory for kodak v550 digital camera (say i hour or so ....). It stores
the data in MPEG4 format which is of very compressed technique.
Is dock really required with Kodak v550 for just charging the
batteries? I am not connecting it to any printer (i think that is the
only case where Dock comes in picture).
Thanks,

No, the battery is in the camera and it can be charged in the camera.

However, if you want to make a movie that long I suggest using a video
camera (made for it). To run your camera for a full hour to capture
video could be done if you can find a power supply to keep the camera
running - the five volt adapter that comes with it. A fully charged
battery should last you about an hour of continuous running and a 1 gig
card will record about 30 minutes of movies. No, the dock is not needed
and you can plug into the camera to charge the battery. So, if you want
to make a movie be prepared to switch cards in mid movie. Personally,
although I find the camera to be pretty good in terms of movies, it is
really a still camera and does its best in that venue. You might want to
consider getting a video camera to do long videos.

Anyway, enjoy the camera. Let me know if you think I can help further.

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company