[SI] Where are the comments on FOOD?

Old June 19th 12, 12:37 AM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
PeterN

Default [SI] Where are the comments on FOOD?

On 6/18/2012 4:31 PM, Eric Stevens wrote:
On Mon, 18 Jun 2012 06:57:28 -0700, Savageduck

On 2012-06-18 06:34:20 -0700, tony said:

On Sun, 17 Jun 2012 21:37:58 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

Then the solution might be to clear, or empty the message cache and
reload the entire screwy NewsGroup. I have had to do this from time to
time when things go awry.
I see you are using MS Windows Live Mail which is not a dedicated
Usenet client, Alex is using a good client in Forte Agent. I am sure he
will be able to empty the message cache and reload, but I don't know
how you would go about it with Live Mail. All I can say is it might be
worth a try.

I've been using Forte Agent for something like 10 years. I've never
had to empty my message cache. I wouldn't even know how to do it.
I've never missed a message as far as I know. There are some I wish I
would have missed, though.

That's nice, but Alex has some sort of problem, not necessarily with
Agent, but probably with his server. Clearing the message cache and
reloading the troublesome NG might be a possible solution for him.

Agent does not know the term 'message cache' and, although it in
effect has one, it provides no way to deal with it. You may be able to
delete it if you know the right file (out of many) but it's not
recommended for the faint hearted.

Even when I know the right file, I rename it by adding "_old."
Then if/when things go awry, I have an easy fix.

--
Peter