Damn dust!

Old July 19th 04, 05:14 AM
stewy

Default Damn dust!

"James Poynter" wrote in message
I've got to go through more than 650 photos of a model shot against a high
key background and clone out spots because a little dust got on my sensor.
It's enough to make me seriously consider returning to film until digital
makers solve the dust problem.

Have you tried a camera with a fixed lens?

Old July 19th 04, 05:15 AM
Mark M

"chibitul" wrote in message
"Bob Hatch" wrote:

"James Poynter" wrote in message

I always clean my cameras before a shoot. Dust gets onto a DSLR
sensor when changing lenses during a shoot. But being able to change
lenses is pretty much the point of having an interchangable lens
camera.

Turn the camera "off" before changing lens. 3 years with DSLR's and not

speck of dust.

I don't believe it! I noticed dust on my dSLR 2 days after I got it, and
I never took the lens off!

I went two years with my D30 before having a dust speck...and that was after
Alaska twice, desert regions, forests, beaches, and hundreds (perhaps
THOUSANDS) of lens changes.

With my 10D, I've had to clean dust exactly once...and I've taken close to
40,000 frames with it using about nine different lens configurations.

It's not all that bad...

Old July 19th 04, 05:17 AM
Mark M

"James Poynter" wrote in message

"Gene Palmiter" wrote in message
Film cameras never got past the dust problems

Film cameras don't have sensors, hence they don't have sensor dust

problems.
You're welcome to use lens cleaner on your own cameras' sensors if you

feel
that's a good idea.

Dust is a HUGE problem with film, but that's during and after
processing...and in storage/manipulation/scanning of negatives/slides.

Whole departments at Nikon and others have been devoted to this serious
problem when it comes to scanning film.

Digital images require FAR LESS "cleaning" in post-processing than does
film.

Old July 19th 04, 01:49 PM
YoYo

Learn how to clean your camera or
Learn how to keep your camera clean

Simple ain't it?

Old July 20th 04, 12:03 AM
Arte Phacting

too true blue

and information theory makes sure that the milliwatts of transmitted data
are received about as accurately as possible

Artie

"David J Taylor"
wrote in message ...
wrote:
[]
You think there is a little janitor on the Cassini spacecraft, cleaning

lenses and sensors?

Nor is there anyone there changing the lenses, or much dust in the vacuum
of space!

Cheers,
David