DLP or projection LCD HDTV?

Old September 10th 04, 06:08 PM
mark_digital

"BenOne=A9" wrote in message =
Mark Weaver wrote:

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
news:7U10d.86588
=20
Mark, this is DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY. It is not HD TV I suggest =

that if
you want information on HD TV you go to their newsgroup. I hope you =

don't
go to the Photoshop to buy you milk and corn flakes.

=20
=20
I don't think it's off topic at all. Some HDTV sets have memory slots =

for
flash cards and/or DVI connections so you can connect a computer to =

them.
At some point, I'd like a nice, high-res HDTV for digital photo =

viewing.
And, by the way, I think DLP sets have better images than LCD =

projection
sets (though not LCD direct-view sets, but those aren't available in =

large
sizes). But the best way to choose is with your eyes -- wander down =

to Best
Buy and compare the DLP and LCD sets yourself.
=20
Mark
=20
=20

The fact that you can view photos on the TV doesn't make it related to =
photography.

--=20
Ben Thomas
relate to the official business of my firm shall be understood as =
neither
given nor endorsed by it.
---------------------------
---------------------------
For me it is related to photography whether you like it or not. =
Fortunately
for me there are some who realize there could be a connection though
they themselves may not have a need or want but are willing to share
their in home experience which is exactly what I'm after. My business is
run out of my home and therefore that's the setting of others that will =
influence
me.
I'll pick and chose, not you.
Have a nice day
mark_

Old September 10th 04, 06:15 PM
mark_digital

"Mark B." wrote in message =
You would be right if he had asked about viewing digital images on HDTV, =
but=20
he didn't. Besides, he'll get better answers on a HDTV group.

Mark=20
---------------
---------------
Been there, done that. Their level of expertise is too much for me to =
understand
at the moment. I know my own learning curve. I know what level I need to =
start.
Besides, people in this group are flexible, meaning coming from all =
walks of
professionalism. It's the person who lets money burn a hole in their =
pocket I
like to hear from. OK? So how about all you nay sayers back off.
Thank you.
mark_

Old September 10th 04, 06:35 PM
mark_digital

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message =

Mark, this is DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY. It is not HD TV I suggest that =
if=20
you want information on HD TV you go to their newsgroup. I hope you =
don't=20
go to the Photoshop to buy you milk and corn flakes.

--=20
Joseph E. Meehan

-------------------
-------------------
Neither is this group a travel agency but that doesn't stop people from
asking where they can go to take pictures.
Just leave me be Joseph and hopefully you haven't thwarted my attempt
to attract those who have taken the expensive plunge.
If you have, well, I'll just have to repost.

mark_
Old September 11th 04, 01:58 AM
Mark B.

"mark_digital" wrote in message

"Mark B." wrote in message
You would be right if he had asked about viewing digital images on HDTV, but
he didn't. Besides, he'll get better answers on a HDTV group.

Mark
---------------
---------------
Been there, done that. Their level of expertise is too much for me to
understand
at the moment. I know my own learning curve. I know what level I need to
start.
Besides, people in this group are flexible, meaning coming from all walks of
professionalism. It's the person who lets money burn a hole in their pocket
like to hear from. OK? So how about all you nay sayers back off.
Thank you.
mark_

=====================

Ummmm...nope. Try the DVD newsgroups, too. At least it wouldn't be as
off-topic.

Mark

Old September 11th 04, 02:00 AM
Mark B.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

-------------------
-------------------
Neither is this group a travel agency but that doesn't stop people from
asking where they can go to take pictures.

=================

Asking advice on where to take pictures is totally on-topic. How is that so
hard to understand?

Mark

Old September 11th 04, 02:02 AM
Mark B.

"Mitch Alsup" wrote in message
om...
"mark digital" wrote in message
Rant on. More feedback the better.
thanks

DLP looks fabulous, however, I did not have room for one. Note, DLP
only looks fabulous in a narrow cone directly in front of the screen.

I find this is true for standard rear-projections, but the DLP monitors I've
looked at in stores are much easier to view from wider angles. Not only
that, they're much shallower & lighter than rear-projections - less than 2
feet deep. I wonder if you've mixed the 2 up since you say you don't have
room for one.

Mark

Old September 11th 04, 04:49 AM
Mark M

"BenOne©" wrote in message
Jerry wrote:

Who cares, Plasma sucks, its like looking through a screen door,

That would be what you see when you use a projector, not a decent plasma.

the pixels
are tooo big so it runs the HDTV quality, the LCDs and DLPs are much

better.

Not on a decent plasma.

With LCD projectors, you do get a slight separation between pixels due to
actual wires present in the LCD panel.

But...With DLP, there are no wires, since it uses a series of tiny mirrors
to create its image. This results in slightly less precision, but a more
smooth image.
DLP is great for moving video, and can be excellent for projeting digital
images.

Plasma screens have a relatively limited life-span, and definitely suffer
from a large pixel look. It's one of those "neat flat things,", but it
looks like low-res crap compared with a decent tube-based or projection
HDTV.