IrfanView 3.99 closes spontaneously

Old December 25th 06, 06:25 AM posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital
Ed Warner

Default IrfanView 3.99 closes spontaneously

Has anyone had the latest version of IrfanView (3.99) shut down when
you're doing something like trying to add images for a panorama? Other
mouse movements seem to trigger this random vanishing act but that's
the only one I can repeat. No other apps behave this way on my machine
and virus scans come up empty.

Ed

Old December 25th 06, 10:42 AM posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital
Ron Hunter

Ed Warner wrote:
Has anyone had the latest version of IrfanView (3.99) shut down when
you're doing something like trying to add images for a panorama? Other
mouse movements seem to trigger this random vanishing act but that's
the only one I can repeat. No other apps behave this way on my machine
and virus scans come up empty.

Ed

No such problem here, but then I have never tried to do a panorama with
Irfanview.... Didn't know it had such a feature.
Old December 25th 06, 12:42 PM posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital
Joe935

Ed Warner wrote:
Has anyone had the latest version of IrfanView (3.99) shut down when
you're doing something like trying to add images for a panorama? Other
mouse movements seem to trigger this random vanishing act but that's
the only one I can repeat. No other apps behave this way on my machine
and virus scans come up empty.

Ed

Yes Ed. was happening to me. I wrote Irfan about a different problem I was
having With XP and IV. He sent me a fix for the Problem of Slidesview
hanging at end. And it looks like it fixed the spontaneous closing problem
too.

Joe Calderone Merry Christmas & Happy New Year

Old December 25th 06, 04:25 PM posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital
CoMa

Can this be of some help ?

There are 3 updated IrfanView plugins
http://www.irfanview.com/plugins.htm

Plugins updated after the version 3.99:
1. jpg_transform.zip - Jpg_Transform: fixes the problem with 0 EXIF-DPI
(Photoshop crash).
2. impdf.zip - ImPDF: fixes the Win98 problem.
3. ftp.zip - FTP: fixes the Exit button problem.

Old December 25th 06, 05:32 PM posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital
Gabriele Neukam

On this special day, CoMa wrote :

There are 3 updated IrfanView plugins
http://www.irfanview.com/plugins.htm

Thanks for the headsup.

Gabriele Neukam

--
Zu Risiken und Nebenwirkungen lesen Sie bitte die Packungsbeilage und
fragen Sie Ihren Astrologen oder Kartenleger.

Old December 25th 06, 06:04 PM posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital
Ed Warner

Ron Hunter wrote:

Ed Warner wrote:
Has anyone had the latest version of IrfanView (3.99) shut down when
you're doing something like trying to add images for a panorama? Other
mouse movements seem to trigger this random vanishing act but that's
the only one I can repeat. No other apps behave this way on my machine
and virus scans come up empty.

Ed

No such problem here, but then I have never tried to do a panorama with
Irfanview.... Didn't know it had such a feature.

It's not one of those fancy panorama stitchers, just a horizontal or
vertical combiner. See Image menu.

Ed

Old December 25th 06, 06:05 PM posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital
Ed Warner

Joe935 wrote:

Ed Warner wrote:
Has anyone had the latest version of IrfanView (3.99) shut down when
you're doing something like trying to add images for a panorama? Other
mouse movements seem to trigger this random vanishing act but that's
the only one I can repeat. No other apps behave this way on my machine
and virus scans come up empty.

Ed

Yes Ed. was happening to me. I wrote Irfan about a different problem I was
having With XP and IV. He sent me a fix for the Problem of Slidesview
hanging at end. And it looks like it fixed the spontaneous closing problem
too.

So far, so good. It makes sense to update plugins at the same time.

Ed

Old December 26th 06, 09:10 AM posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital
Ron Hunter

Joe935 wrote:
Ed Warner wrote:
Has anyone had the latest version of IrfanView (3.99) shut down when
you're doing something like trying to add images for a panorama? Other
mouse movements seem to trigger this random vanishing act but that's
the only one I can repeat. No other apps behave this way on my machine
and virus scans come up empty.

Ed

Yes Ed. was happening to me. I wrote Irfan about a different problem I was
having With XP and IV. He sent me a fix for the Problem of Slidesview
hanging at end. And it looks like it fixed the spontaneous closing problem
too.

Joe Calderone Merry Christmas & Happy New Year

Irfan is an amazing guy. Not only does he continue to update the
program, but he personally involves himself in individualized customer
support of a FREE program! Even better, the program is somewhat of an
example of quality in a free product. If only all programs (even
commercial ones) could boast of such support.....
Old December 26th 06, 09:11 AM posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital
Ron Hunter

Gabriele Neukam wrote:
On this special day, CoMa wrote :

There are 3 updated IrfanView plugins
http://www.irfanview.com/plugins.htm

Thanks for the headsup.

Gabriele Neukam

ALWAYS update both the Irfanview program and the plugins at the same time!
Old December 26th 06, 09:12 AM posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital
Ron Hunter

Ed Warner wrote:
Ron Hunter wrote:

Ed Warner wrote:
Has anyone had the latest version of IrfanView (3.99) shut down when
you're doing something like trying to add images for a panorama? Other
mouse movements seem to trigger this random vanishing act but that's
the only one I can repeat. No other apps behave this way on my machine
and virus scans come up empty.

Ed

No such problem here, but then I have never tried to do a panorama with
Irfanview.... Didn't know it had such a feature.

It's not one of those fancy panorama stitchers, just a horizontal or
vertical combiner. See Image menu.

Ed

Thanks. Will investigate. I have been using Irfanview so long that I
tend to just install the updates and continue using the program as I
have before. My bad!