Q. for Ken Rockwell

Old December 1st 06, 06:00 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Annika1980

Default Q. for Ken Rockwell

Q. Why would anyone waste $150 on a P&S camera when a cellphone will
also take pics just as well? I mean, unless you're Ansel Adams or
somethin, you aren't gonna notice any difference, right?

Old December 1st 06, 07:22 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Thomas T. Veldhouse

Annika1980 wrote:
Q. Why would anyone waste $150 on a P&S camera when a cellphone will
also take pics just as well? I mean, unless you're Ansel Adams or
somethin, you aren't gonna notice any difference, right?

You are an ass Brett.

--
Thomas T. Veldhouse

Old December 1st 06, 07:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Frank ess

Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
Annika1980 wrote:
Q. Why would anyone waste $150 on a P&S camera when a cellphone
will
also take pics just as well? I mean, unless you're Ansel Adams or
somethin, you aren't gonna notice any difference, right?

You are an ass Brett.

I wonder if TTV realizes what a rigid, hysterical character he
portrays from within that glass house. Between him and the Jeremies,
they seem to have that market cornered.

--
Frank ess
" ... and the horse you rode in on."

Old December 1st 06, 07:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Floyd L. Davidson

"Annika1980" wrote:
Q. Why would anyone waste $150 on a P&S camera when a cellphone will
also take pics just as well? I mean, unless you're Ansel Adams or
somethin, you aren't gonna notice any difference, right?

I was suckered into buying this worthless Nikon. It won't even
make telephone calls, and I bet your silly Canon is no better!

Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska)
Old December 1st 06, 07:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill

"Annika1980" wrote in message
ups.com...
Q. Why would anyone waste $150 on a P&S camera when a cellphone
will
also take pics just as well? I mean, unless you're Ansel Adams or
somethin, you aren't gonna notice any difference, right?

A friend has a Sony camera phone with a 2mp sensor. It takes pretty
decent photos, within its limitations of course. But given that these
limitations are not important to Rockwell, your question is quite
valid.

In fact, why have a camera at all? My girlfriend is a pretty decent
sketcher, and she can draw a scene in a couple of minutes. Isn't that
good enough?

:-)

Old December 1st 06, 07:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Thomas T. Veldhouse

Frank ess wrote:
Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
Annika1980 wrote:
Q. Why would anyone waste $150 on a P&S camera when a cellphone
will
also take pics just as well? I mean, unless you're Ansel Adams or
somethin, you aren't gonna notice any difference, right?

You are an ass Brett.

I wonder if TTV realizes what a rigid, hysterical character he
portrays from within that glass house. Between him and the Jeremies,
they seem to have that market cornered.

Well, considering Annika1980 (sounds like a woman's name by the way) posted
that message solely to bust balls ... it is a well worth the response I gave.

--
Thomas T. Veldhouse

Old December 1st 06, 11:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill Funk

On Fri, 01 Dec 2006 18:22:48 GMT, "Thomas T. Veldhouse"
wrote:

Annika1980 wrote:
Q. Why would anyone waste $150 on a P&S camera when a cellphone will
also take pics just as well? I mean, unless you're Ansel Adams or
somethin, you aren't gonna notice any difference, right?

You are an ass Brett.

Well, at least partially.
But then, we all are, partially.
--
Bill Funk
replace "g" with "a"
Old December 1st 06, 11:41 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Paul Allen

On Fri, 1 Dec 2006 13:49:02 -0500
"Bill" wrote:

"Annika1980" wrote in message
ups.com...
Q. Why would anyone waste $150 on a P&S camera when a cellphone
will
also take pics just as well? I mean, unless you're Ansel Adams or
somethin, you aren't gonna notice any difference, right?

A friend has a Sony camera phone with a 2mp sensor. It takes pretty
decent photos, within its limitations of course. But given that these
limitations are not important to Rockwell, your question is quite
valid.

In fact, why have a camera at all? My girlfriend is a pretty decent
sketcher, and she can draw a scene in a couple of minutes. Isn't that
good enough?

Indeed. My wife and I went on a Burke Museum sponsored tour of old
Haida village sites in the Queen Charlotte Islands back in July.
There were a bunch of cameras on the boat. My brand-new FZ30, several
big Nikon dSLR's, the skipper's Canon with a big heavy hunk of glass
on the front. One of the women on the boat sat and sketched or painted
on all of our excursions ashore. She brought all of her images to the
get-together we had last month, and darned if she didn't "shoot" some
of the same scenes I did and I like her rendition better.

Paul Allen
Old December 2nd 06, 12:21 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Stewy

In article ,
"Thomas T. Veldhouse" wrote:

Frank ess wrote:
Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
Annika1980 wrote:
Q. Why would anyone waste $150 on a P&S camera when a cellphone
will
also take pics just as well? I mean, unless you're Ansel Adams or
somethin, you aren't gonna notice any difference, right?

You are an ass Brett.

I wonder if TTV realizes what a rigid, hysterical character he
portrays from within that glass house. Between him and the Jeremies,
they seem to have that market cornered.

Well, considering Annika1980 (sounds like a woman's name by the way) posted
that message solely to bust balls ... it is a well worth the response I gave.

I think if you gave Adams a cellphone and told him to get on with it,
he'd come back with better pictures than most of us even with our latest
piece of flashy technology from Hassy, Leica, Canon or Nikon...
Old December 2nd 06, 12:27 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Annika1980

Stewy wrote:

I think if you gave Adams a cellphone and told him to get on with it,
he'd come back with better pictures than most of us even with our latest
piece of flashy technology from Hassy, Leica, Canon or Nikon...

Only after spending many hours in his digital darkroom.
Ansel's big secret weapon was his darkroom skills. That's where the
magic happens.