paint shop pro 9 vs adobe element 3

Old November 20th 04, 04:33 PM
Dan P

Default paint shop pro 9 vs adobe element 3

Which one is better? I just got a dSLR and would like to do some
basic editing. I find Adobe Photoshop CS to be to complicated for
my needs. I have used Paintshop pro 7 in the past and I liked it.
Now I am ready to buy an editor and I was wandering which one was
better.

thank,
Dan P
Old November 20th 04, 05:37 PM
John Doe

Paint Shop Pro offers all of the features Photoshop and then some. They have
a lot of tools and filters for digital photographers that Photoshop doesn't
have. Like noise reduction, barrel and pincushion correction filters and
more.

The downside is that there are very few tutorials and books for Paint Shop
Pro which is going to make learning it much harder and in my opinion it has
a messier interface. Photoshop Elements 3.0 uses the Photoshop CS engine and
offers a lot of nice things for the digital photographer.

As was mentioned I would suggest downloading a trial of each and see which
one you like.

John

Old November 20th 04, 06:16 PM
Marvin Margoshes

"Dan P" wrote in message news:HlKnd.231$T02.48@lakeread06...
Which one is better? I just got a dSLR and would like to do some
basic editing. I find Adobe Photoshop CS to be to complicated for my
needs. I have used Paintshop pro 7 in the past and I liked it.
Now I am ready to buy an editor and I was wandering which one was better.
thank,
Dan P

See the ratings in
http://www.pcworld.com/reviews/artic...,118247,00.asp.

Old November 20th 04, 06:45 PM
Ron Hunter

Dan P wrote:
Which one is better? I just got a dSLR and would like to do some
basic editing. I find Adobe Photoshop CS to be to complicated for my
needs. I have used Paintshop pro 7 in the past and I liked it.
Now I am ready to buy an editor and I was wandering which one was better.
thank,
Dan P

PSP compares well with PS CS. PSE3 is more of a serious
non-professional tool. It includes an organizer, and some quick fix and
autofix options that will serve the needs of most non-professional
users, as well as many features which allow some very professional
looking special effects. PSE3 can be found for $80 or less, while the
others cost a bit more.
Note that any of the above require quite a bit of effort to learn to use
effectively.
Old November 20th 04, 07:07 PM
MrB

I have PSP 9 and like it. There is a one step photo fix that works rather
well, if you don't want to bother with the more sophisticated tools that are
also included. Exif info is displayed for photos taken with my Toshiba.

Old November 20th 04, 08:47 PM
Dan P

I have a Nikon D70 so reading a raw file would be a requrement.
Old November 20th 04, 09:26 PM
Ken Oaf

On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 11:33:40 -0500, Dan P wrote:

Which one is better? I just got a dSLR and would like to do some
basic editing. I find Adobe Photoshop CS to be to complicated for
my needs. I have used Paintshop pro 7 in the past and I liked it.
Now I am ready to buy an editor and I was wandering which one was
better.

PSP leaves Elements for dead.

Old November 20th 04, 10:01 PM
Big Bill

On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 17:37:13 GMT, "John Doe"
wrote:

Paint Shop Pro offers all of the features Photoshop and then some. They have
a lot of tools and filters for digital photographers that Photoshop doesn't
have. Like noise reduction, barrel and pincushion correction filters and
more.

The downside is that there are very few tutorials and books for Paint Shop
Pro which is going to make learning it much harder and in my opinion it has
a messier interface. Photoshop Elements 3.0 uses the Photoshop CS engine and
offers a lot of nice things for the digital photographer.

Do a search on Google for "psp9 tutorial" (sans quotes) and you'll
find a bunch of tutorials for PSP 9.

--
Bill Funk
Change "g" to "a"