Processing Kodachrome 64

Old October 12th 03, 06:16 AM
Larry R Harrison Jr

Default Processing Kodachrome 64

This weekend I shot a roll of Kodachrome 64. No other slide film was
available at the store I was at, expect for Ektachrome 400. No way I'm
shooting that speed of film, especially outdoors in bright sunlight.

Anyway now I have a roll of Kodachrome 64 to get developed. I live in
Tucson. No one seems to do it here in town at all--heck, they don't even
know of a place to send it to.

Tips?

LRH

Old October 12th 03, 09:18 AM
James Robinson

Larry R Harrison Jr wrote:

Anyway now I have a roll of Kodachrome 64 to get developed. I live in
Tucson. No one seems to do it here in town at all--heck, they don't even
know of a place to send it to.

Tips?

There are two labs left that will process it. Kodak's lab in Fair Lawn,
NJ, and A&I Labs in Los Angeles, CA. You can buy prepaid mailers, or you
can mail the film with a letter containing a credit card number for a
higher price. I'm surprised you couldn't find a photo store in your
area that would send it to Kodak, but you might find mailers for slide
film at some of the larger stores.

Fuji's lab in Phoenix used to accept Kodachrome in mailers, but they
didn't process it themselves. They sent it to Dwayne's Color Lab in
Kansas, the third place that still processes Kodachrome.

http://www.aandi.com/
A&I charges $6 for the mailer, minimum of 12, or $11 if you send them
the film without the mailer.
Old October 12th 03, 04:01 PM
Frank Pittel

You may want to go to the website for adorama, B&H, calumet, or central camera
and order mailers from them.

-------------------

Old October 12th 03, 04:14 PM
Bob Sull

Larry R Harrison Jr wrote:

This weekend I shot a roll of Kodachrome 64. No other slide film was
available at the store I was at, expect for Ektachrome 400. No way I'm
shooting that speed of film, especially outdoors in bright sunlight.

Anyway now I have a roll of Kodachrome 64 to get developed. I live in
Tucson. No one seems to do it here in town at all--heck, they don't even
know of a place to send it to.

Tips?

LRH

Find a store that sends film to Qualex, Kodak's offspring film
processor. They will forward it to Kodak's site in New Jerseyand back
to you.

This will take a while, maybe a couple of weeks, but it will be the
least costly, considering you have one roll.

Bob

Old October 12th 03, 04:56 PM
G. Michael Paine

In article ,
James Robinson wrote:

Larry R Harrison Jr wrote:

[...]

There is also a Kodak lab in Northern California. My local camera store
sends my slide film there when Ive run out of mailers.

MP
Old October 12th 03, 08:16 PM
Ron Todd

On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 22:16:49 -0700, "Larry R Harrison Jr"
wrote:

This weekend I shot a roll of Kodachrome 64. No other slide film was
available at the store I was at, expect for Ektachrome 400. No way I'm
shooting that speed of film, especially outdoors in bright sunlight.

Anyway now I have a roll of Kodachrome 64 to get developed. I live in
Tucson. No one seems to do it here in town at all--heck, they don't even
know of a place to send it to.

Tips?

LRH

Go to Ritz or one of the local Kodak counters in a Walgreens, Target,
Longs or other chain store. Tell them it is Kodachrome and you want
it sent out for developing and mounting.

Best Regards.

Boycott list:

Belgium, France, Germany, Finland, Sweden, Switzerland, PRC, Iran, Syria,
Hollywood, San Francisco, Massachusetts, New York City, Sierra Club, ACLU,
Movies of the first blacklist, Turner, Madonna, S. Crowe, Dixie Chicks, Cher, U2, rapp,
Trudeau, W.Miller, Disney, ABC news, CBS news, NBC news, CNN, PBS, B&H Photo Video, Heinz
Foods,

Sometimes the only influence you have is to say, "No, I'm not buying."

For those who are unclear about the situation, California is the Clinton - Davis model for the rest of the United States of America.
Old October 12th 03, 08:22 PM
James Robinson

"G. Michael Paine" wrote:

There is also a Kodak lab in Northern California. My local camera
store sends my slide film there when Ive run out of mailers.

That was likely the lab in San Leandro. My understanding is that it was
closed in May or June, 2002. In any event, no Kodak labs on the west
coast process Kodachrome.
Old October 13th 03, 02:53 AM
G. Michael Paine

In article ,
James Robinson wrote:

"G. Michael Paine" wrote:

There is also a Kodak lab in Northern California. My local camera
store sends my slide film there when Ive run out of mailers.

That was likely the lab in San Leandro. My understanding is that it was
closed in May or June, 2002. In any event, no Kodak labs on the west
coast process Kodachrome.

That is funny. I have a box of slides done on 3/12/03

-M.P.
Old October 13th 03, 06:47 AM
James Robinson

"G. Michael Paine" wrote:

James Robinson wrote:

That was likely the lab in San Leandro. My understanding is that
it was closed in May or June, 2002. In any event, no Kodak labs
on the west coast process Kodachrome.

That is funny. I have a box of slides done on 3/12/03

What is the code stamped into the slides opposite the date? If it is an
"N", then they were processed in Fair Lawn. (Though I notice the latest
slides I received from New Jersey had no lab marking.)
Old October 13th 03, 06:54 AM
James Robinson

Larry R Harrison Jr wrote:

Anyway now I have a roll of Kodachrome 64 to get developed. I live in
Tucson. No one seems to do it here in town at all--heck, they don't even
know of a place to send it to.

Here is a link to a web page that lists all the labs in the world that
process Kodachrome (K-14 process), with their phone numbers:

http://www.geocities.com/thombell/k14.html

If you can find a photo store that sends processing to Kodak (or Qualux)
they should be able to process your film. Otherwise call one of the
labs on the list, and send it directly yourself.