Battery Grip

Old August 18th 10, 08:26 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
M J Wyllie

Default Battery Grip

Hi, I posted some questions here a couple of months ago regarding 3rd party battery grips. I finally
bit the bullet & bought one for my 450D. It arrived yesterday, I put 2 batteries in it & put it on
the camera. So far, it works fine! All the buttons & dials do their jobs, except for an on/off
switch, which doesn't seem to do anything so I just leave it off.

For $39.99, I think I can live with that!

--
Michael W.
Old August 18th 10, 09:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
eatmorepies

"M J Wyllie" wrote in message
anews.com...
Hi, I posted some questions here a couple of months ago regarding 3rd
party battery grips. I finally bit the bullet & bought one for my 450D. It
arrived yesterday, I put 2 batteries in it & put it on the camera. So far,
it works fine! All the buttons & dials do their jobs, except for an on/off
switch, which doesn't seem to do anything so I just leave it off.

It might control the second shutter release button - if the grip has one.
It's the shutter release you use when holding the camera in portrait mode.

John

Old August 21st 10, 01:01 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
M J Wyllie

On 21/08/2010 4:24 AM, mcescher wrote:
On Aug 18, 3:28 pm, wrote:
"M J wrote in der.octanews.com...

Hi, I posted some questions here a couple of months ago regarding 3rd
party battery grips. I finally bit the bullet& bought one for my 450D. It
arrived yesterday, I put 2 batteries in it& put it on the camera. So far,
it works fine! All the buttons& dials do their jobs, except for an on/off
switch, which doesn't seem to do anything so I just leave it off.

It might control the second shutter release button - if the grip has one.
It's the shutter release you use when holding the camera in portrait mode.

John

That's what my 3rd party grip switch does. The switch on the grip
turns off the shutter release on the grip so you don't bump it.

Chris M.

Yep, found out last night that's exactly what it does! Thanks "eatmorepies", for the info!

--
Michael W.