Speaking of misinformation - the corporate mouthpiece

Old September 17th 09, 04:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
[email protected]

Default Speaking of misinformation - the corporate mouthpiece

Neil Harrington wrote:
"Ray Fischer" wrote in message

nothing of the slightest importance, therefore deleted

Here's why ObamaCare isn't going anywhe

From today's (Thursday's) IBD, front page:

GOP, Liberals Rip Baucus Plan
Sen. Max Baucus' long-awaited Finance
Committee health revamp would cost
$856 bil over 10 years, less than other Dem
plans,though spending doesn't really kick in
until '13. But no Republican backed it, not
even Maine Sen. Olympia Snowe. Liberal
lawmakers and activists blasted the plan, especially
for lacking a public option. But moderate Dems may reject
a liberal wish list bill.

Most Docs Oppose Dems' Rx
Two-thirds - 65% - of doctors polled
by IBD/TIPP oppose current health proposals
from Congress and the White House,
citing concerns about overall program costs
and bureaucratic control of medicine. Many
are intensely opposed to what they called "socialized"
medicine, including a large number
with experience in other countries with
national health systems.
_________________________

So unless something happens to dramatically change this, there just doesn't
seem to be any compromise that will satisfy enough sides to pass.
Conservatives and middle-of-the-road types insist on less of what
leftist-liberals insist on more of, and after all this negotiation it looks
like they've reached a point where no one is going to budge any further.

I think this is a good thing, the best of all possible results at this time.
What they need to do is throw out the whole 1,018-page monstrosity which
probably very few have actually read and even fewer really understand, and
start over, settling just one thing at a time. Of course that would mean
they couldn't bury a lot of favors for the union bosses in it, along with
other special-interest treats. The inability to do that would make Obama and
a lot of congresscritters on the left profoundly unhappy, but such is life.

No doubt a bunch of non-sense/lies. You lost all credibility with your
childish personal insult below. I will read and consider debate from
reasonably considerate people, what you have displayed here is far from
being anything of the sort.

Stephanie

DO you have a CLUE what a rude -ass- you are being here?

Neil Harrington wrote:

No. Of all the people I know, I am by far the most gentle, courteous, kind,
considerate and tolerant. Everyone looks up to me as a perfect paragon of
these qualities. Therefore what you need is to have your brain reinstalled
right side up.

Old September 17th 09, 04:43 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Neil Harrington[_3_]

Neil Harrington wrote:

No. Of all the people I know, I am by far the most gentle, courteous,
kind,
considerate and tolerant. Everyone looks up to me as a perfect paragon of
these qualities. Therefore what you need is to have your brain reinstalled
right side up.

You called me a "rude ass" and then complain that my polite reply to you
(with no name calling) is a "personal insult"?

Only a tunnel-vision leftist crank could fail to see the irony -- but you
actually don't, do you?

Old September 18th 09, 04:29 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
[email protected]

Neil Harrington wrote:

No. Of all the people I know, I am by far the most gentle, courteous,
kind,
considerate and tolerant. Everyone looks up to me as a perfect paragon of
these qualities. Therefore what you need is to have your brain reinstalled
right side up.

You called me a "rude ass" and then complain that my polite reply to you
(with no name calling) is a "personal insult"?

Calling people you don't agree with thieves -is- BEING a rude ass and
telling someone they need to "have their brain installed right side up"
is far from being polite. Or you can't see that? You have PERSONALLY
insulted everyone in this thread you don't agree with, now are gonna cry
because it was returned? Not shocked.. And I guess calling someone a
"tunnel-vision leftist crank" is being polite in your book too. O.o

Stephanie

Old September 18th 09, 08:22 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Neil Harrington[_3_]

wrote in message ...

Neil Harrington wrote:

No. Of all the people I know, I am by far the most gentle, courteous,
kind,
considerate and tolerant. Everyone looks up to me as a perfect paragon
of
these qualities. Therefore what you need is to have your brain
reinstalled
right side up.

You called me a "rude ass" and then complain that my polite reply to you
(with no name calling) is a "personal insult"?

Calling people you don't agree with thieves -is- BEING a rude ass and
telling someone they need to "have their brain installed right side up" is
far from being polite. Or you can't see that? You have PERSONALLY insulted
everyone in this thread you don't agree with, now are gonna cry because it
was returned?

I have no particular objection to name calling, though I think it should be
done with a certain amount of style and originality. A well-turned insult is
a thing of beauty and a joy forever. But *I* was not the one complaining
about "personal insult." You were.

Not shocked.. And I guess calling someone a "tunnel-vision leftist crank"
is being polite in your book too. O.o

It's descriptive and specific, which is what makes it different from "ass."
I have no problem with your using the adjective "rude," since that is also
specific. It is true that I am occasionally rude, though I think never
without justification. Rudeness with justification is no fault at all in my
opinion, or if it is a fault it is one that I am able to tolerate in myself.