Mars and the Moon align tonight

Old September 3rd 09, 09:05 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Neil Harrington[_3_]

Default Mars and the Moon align tonight

"John McWilliams" wrote in message
No spam please wrote:
"Earle Jones" wrote in message
Blasphemer Spotter wrote:

On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 15:50:51 -0700, John McWilliams
wrote:

Robert Spanjaard wrote:
On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 18:24:51 -0400, Alan wrote:

I just received this email:
Which is false.

So, when will that happen?

Me, I am waiting for Jupiter to align with Mars
and peace to guide the planets, dontcha know.
Yeah, this is just hogwash if it doesn't happen when the moon is in the
7th
House too.
*
You remained silent when they took away Pluto.

Next they're coming after Uranus.

earle
*

I've just realised something quite important -
it's the moon that governs the tides. When the moon and Mars are aligned
then surely the tides will be higher.IO live on an island (called Great
Britain) so should I be worried about immense floods?

Monstrous! See below.

We really should be told, shouldn't we?

Check out the Farmer's Almanac for New England, ca 1790.

But what happens when the moon aligns with a bigger planet such as
Saturn?

I think I'll go any buy an EOS 1DSmkIII just in case the end is nigh.

Brilliant plan! Get it now, before the rush.

And, yes, when all the planets are aligned just right with the moon, tidal
effects will be immense, at least .5% above and below normal Spring Tides.
We're doomed.

ALL the planets, yes. And the asteroids have to be all in a line too. This
is a fairly unusual occurrence.

Old September 3rd 09, 09:50 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
No spam please

wrote:

Robert Spanjaard wrote:
[...]

Of course, when they are all in a line, some wise guy with a very big
snooker cue comes along and ...

..... pots the lot into the nearest black hole!

(With apologies to everyone's sense of humour).

I think I'll go and line up some pebbles on the beach (and I did - but an
unusually high tide swept them away).

Regards, Ian.