Has ultrawide angle become an overused cliche?

Old August 17th 10, 02:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
David Ruether[_3_]

Default Perspective (was Has ultrawide angle become an overused cliche?)

"Paul Furman" wrote in message
David Ruether wrote:
Paul Furman wrote
David Ruether wrote:

[...]
Heh, I rented the new Alice in Wonderland last night... if there was a [reverse-perspective] lens that focused out further, it
would've been useful in that movie!

[...]

8^)
In some outdoor concerts with very large audiences (like "Isle of Wight"
ones), a visual effect is sometimes used while moving over the crowd with
a video camera that "squeezes" or "expands" the picture sides. I suspect
that it is done with a variable anamorphic lens attachment - but this is not
the same as the above...;-)
--DR

Old August 17th 10, 03:03 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
David Ruether[_3_]

"ColinD" wrote in message
David Ruether wrote:
"ColinD" wrote in message

[...]
Also, don't you hate clients
that "put you through the wringer" figuring out what's needed to
do their jobs, and then they balk at paying reasonable prices to
*complete* the work? After all, what you put into the job was
work on the job, and that should be paid for.
--DR

Yes, that's the perennial problem with the quote system that all contracting businesses face. Quotes are great for the person
wanting a quote, but a pain in the ass for the quoter. Quote too high, no job; quote too low, no profit, maybe even a loss. --
Colin D.

Been there, done that, UGH! 8^(
But I was fortunate most of my working life to work for people
who understood what I offered and that my prices were reasonable,
so I did not need to bid the work. When personnel changed and that
became an issue, I often just quit working for their organizations...
--DR