Rechargeable Battery Problem

Old July 14th 04, 11:42 PM
ee

Default Rechargeable Battery Problem

Please help thanks!
I bought this digicom charger which couple of months ago and it can be
used for 110/220. I was in Asia last month and had to use my charger.
The battery charges in 5 mins but actually it was not charged when i was
using for a cdman. In the CDman it says low battery. It happened for the
battery i got with the charger and also 2 other battery that i bought in
Future Shop. What could be the problem? Please help!

Old July 15th 04, 12:14 AM
Pepe

so instead of charging them longer time, you start to complain.
What do you expect from 5 minutes of charging?
What type of charger? What brand of batteries?
Try again and tell me what happens after laets say 8 h.

Pepe

Old July 15th 04, 12:22 AM
Charles

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 22:42:08 GMT, ee wrote:

Please help thanks!
I bought this digicom charger which couple of months ago and it can be
used for 110/220. I was in Asia last month and had to use my charger.
The battery charges in 5 mins but actually it was not charged when i was
using for a cdman. In the CDman it says low battery. It happened for the
battery i got with the charger and also 2 other battery that i bought in
Future Shop. What could be the problem? Please help!

Two possibilities, bad batteries, or bad charger. Since you tried
with different batteries and it was still bad, I'd say bad charger.

To you have someone else you know that can try your batteries in their
charger? Or can try their batteries in your charger?

If not, I'd say it's time to buy a new charger.
--

- Charles
-

Old July 15th 04, 12:28 AM
chris French

In message , ee writes
Please help thanks!
I bought this digicom charger which couple of months ago and it can be
used for 110/220. I was in Asia last month and had to use my charger.
The battery charges in 5 mins but actually it was not charged when i was
using for a cdman. In the CDman it says low battery. It happened for the
battery i got with the charger and also 2 other battery that i bought in
Future Shop. What could be the problem? Please help!

Well presumably the charger is faulty in some way.

Seeing as the charger is only a couple of months old, the obvious thing
is too either contact the manufacturers regarding a repair/replacement
under their guarantee, or return it to the shop to be sorted out
(depending on what you local consumer laws say - in the uk ultimate
responsibility here would lie with the retailer to repair or replace the
item)
--
Chris French

Old July 15th 04, 01:28 AM
Joseph Meehan

Charles wrote:
On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 22:42:08 GMT, ee wrote:

Please help thanks!
I bought this digicom charger which couple of months ago and it can
be used for 110/220. I was in Asia last month and had to use my
charger. The battery charges in 5 mins but actually it was not
charged when i was using for a cdman. In the CDman it says low
battery. It happened for the battery i got with the charger and also
2 other battery that i bought in Future Shop. What could be the
problem? Please help!

Two possibilities, bad batteries, or bad charger. Since you tried
with different batteries and it was still bad, I'd say bad charger.

Third possibility, misusing the charger. For example if it has a
setting for voltage, it may be set on the wrong setting. If it requires
pairs of batteries (not a smart charger) one might try charging only one
battery or even placing a battery in the wrong way.

To you have someone else you know that can try your batteries in their
charger? Or can try their batteries in your charger?

If not, I'd say it's time to buy a new charger.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math