Kodak cx6330

Old July 13th 04, 05:18 PM
Canongirly

Default Kodak cx6330

"Chris" wrote in message
Hi all

i bought the kodak camera and wow i
love it, just one thing puzzles me. whats all this pressing the shutter
half way mean?

I am very new to taking pictures and i thought that you just pressed the
button all the way down. But do you have to press it half way first??

Depressing the shutter button halfway activates the light meter and
autofocus. A full depress will also fire the shutter.

Old July 13th 04, 06:13 PM
Chris

Hi all

i bought the kodak camera and wow i
love it, just one thing puzzles me. whats all this pressing the shutter
half way mean?

I am very new to taking pictures and i thought that you just pressed the
button all the way down. But do you have to press it half way first??

Probably a stupid question but i am learning

Thanks for any help

Chris

Old July 13th 04, 08:27 PM
Ron Baird

Greetings Chris,

Glad to hear you have ventured out into the world of Digital Photography.
You are going to enjoy it.

One of the things about digital cameras that is differ3ent from traditional
cameras is the CCD (Charged Coupled Device) which captures the image when
you take a picture. The digital image it captures is processed and stored in
the memory of the camera or the little memory card. used to store images
Since the CCD will retain the previous image, it has to be flushed clear
before the next picture is taken. This happens in a split second, but you
need to wait longer than with film cameras, so the shutter does not snap
immediately when pressed. It works at a fast shutter speeds, i.e. 1/1700th
second, but the preparation takes that brief flush of data.

Also, the depressing of the shutter button half way allows the camera to
focus on your subject and that the exposure will be correct. By depressing
the shutter button, it locks in what you have chosen to accept for focus,
and exposure. The camera will auto set it self to the ISO that is best for
your situation as well.

Let me review some picture taking tips. For example, when you are going to
take pictures while holding the camera, a good stance is important in
getting a good picture. Stand with your legs about two feet apart with your
arms close to your sides. Hold the camera comfortably, but in a way that is
not blocking the flash or the meter of the camera. If you are going to take
a picture using the viewfinder, keep this stance and bring the camera gently
to your forehead. View the image with both eyes open if you are using the
viewfinder and compose the picture. When you are ready to snap the shutter,
press the shutter half way to set the camera mechanics for exposure, as
mentioned. When ready to capture the image, complete pressing the shutter
release slowly, yet deliberately, avoiding any jerky motions. Note:
remember, digital cameras take just a split second longer to capture the
picture so keep your position for just a second longer than you would with a
film camera. This will help you prevent blurring due to removing the camera
from the picture taking stance too soon.

If you are going to use the view-screen to preview your composition, use the
same techniques as noted, but do not hold the camera to your forehead. It
will be a bit more difficult to keep a good stance, as you will not have the
option of steadying the camera against your forehead. So, to limit blur,
lean against a wall, rest your elbows, or use some other object, if
possible. Try to rest your arms on something in front of you. The object
here, is to make sure you have the support to steady the camera and prevent
camera movement during exposure.

If the images are clear, and sharp, using the self timer, consider this
process each time you take a picture. It will soon become second nature to
you.

Talk to you soon,

Ron Baird

Eastman Kodak Company

Old July 14th 04, 04:50 PM
Terry D

Chris wrote:

"Chris" wrote in message
Hi all

i bought the kodak camera and wow i
love it, just one thing puzzles me. whats all this pressing the
shutter half way mean?

I am very new to taking pictures and i thought that you just
pressed the button all the way down. But do you have to press it
half way first??

Probably a stupid question but i am learning

Thanks for any help

Chris

I have a Kodak DX4330 and I understand that pressing the shutter button half
way is supposed to lock the focus and exposure. However, if I move the
camera to different lighting and/or different subject distance, holding the
button half-way, the focus and exposure still readjust themselves. Should
this be happening?

Terry D.

Old July 14th 04, 04:50 PM
Terry D

Chris wrote:

"Chris" wrote in message
Hi all

i bought the kodak camera and wow i
love it, just one thing puzzles me. whats all this pressing the
shutter half way mean?

I am very new to taking pictures and i thought that you just
pressed the button all the way down. But do you have to press it
half way first??

Probably a stupid question but i am learning

Thanks for any help

Chris

I have a Kodak DX4330 and I understand that pressing the shutter button half
way is supposed to lock the focus and exposure. However, if I move the
camera to different lighting and/or different subject distance, holding the
button half-way, the focus and exposure still readjust themselves. Should
this be happening?

Terry D.

Which is better - Sony P-100 or Kodak DX-7440 ? NYC Digital Photography 7 July 12th 04 01:15 AM
kodak cx6330 Chris Digital Photography 2 July 7th 04 08:42 PM
Kodak Easyshare...not easy with me! KILOWATT Digital Photography 0 July 3rd 04 11:05 PM
I'm guessing that Kodak will kill Kodachrome within the next 24 months John Horner Film & Labs 17 December 22nd 03 02:59 PM