Inexpensive & Good Cameras

Old July 8th 04, 05:49 PM
Brian Sullivan

Default Inexpensive & Good Cameras

Eivind Kirkeby wrote:
I'm looking to buy a fairly inexpensive digital camera, but, of
course, still want to have good quality as I'll most likely be stuck
with whatever I buy now for a few years.

The current cameras I'm considering a

Canon PowerShot A75
Nikon Coolpix 3200
Kodak EasyShare DX6340
Kodak EasyShare DX4530
Kodak EasyShare CX7430
Olympus Mju 300 Digital

And I'm leaning towards the first one, the Canon A75.

Any advice would be most appreciated!Canon

I looked at a similar situation a few months ago but included the Sony
MSCP72 in the list ( and eventually bought it). The MSCP72 has been replaced
by the MSCP73 but in most respects is the same camera.

http://radio.weblogs.com/0127028/2004/04/21.html#a156 has a chart I cooked
up at the time that may be useful.

--
Brian Sullivan
Courses by Wire ( http://www.coursesbywire.com)

Old July 8th 04, 07:21 PM
Sabineellen

I'm looking to buy a fairly inexpensive digital camera, but, of course,
still want to have good quality as I'll most likely be stuck with whatever I
buy now for a few years.

If that's the case then check out the professional and user reviews especially
with regard to durability.
Old July 8th 04, 09:33 PM
Eatmorepies

:

Canon PowerShot A75
Nikon Coolpix 3200
Kodak EasyShare DX6340
Kodak EasyShare DX4530
Kodak EasyShare CX7430
Olympus Mju 300 Digital

And I'm leaning towards the first one, the Canon A75.

I say this quite often - but I'm not ashamed.

Look at the Canon A80. I don't know if it is in your price bracket but even
if it is a bit expensive to start with the extra cost becomes negligible
over a few years of use. I have used A40, A70 and A80 - the A80 is a
smashing camera.

John

Old July 14th 04, 03:37 AM
Steve W.

I'd toss the Fuji S5000 out as a possible. 10X optical zoom, can be
used as a simple point and shoot or as a full manual camera and many
options in between. Not the latest option but a fine camera with quite a
few accessories . Uses 4 AA batteries, XD memory, 3.1 MegaPixel with an
interpolated 6MP setting. Multi frame and continuous shooting and video
also.

http://s5000.net/

--
Steve Williams

"Lee K" wrote in message

"Eivind Kirkeby" wrote in message
I'm looking to buy a fairly inexpensive digital camera, but, of

course,
still want to have good quality as I'll most likely be stuck with

whatever
buy now for a few years.

The current cameras I'm considering a

Canon PowerShot A75
Nikon Coolpix 3200
Kodak EasyShare DX6340
Kodak EasyShare DX4530
Kodak EasyShare CX7430
Olympus Mju 300 Digital

And I'm leaning towards the first one, the Canon A75.

Any advice would be most appreciated!Canon

Consider the Minolta s414, currently can be found under $200.
Has 4X Optical zoom, 4 megapixels, 1.8 LCD, 2272 X 1704,
uses Compact flash, AA batteries

Old July 14th 04, 04:32 PM
Sabineellen

HP 945.

Award-winning image quality (DIMA 2004), 8x fujinon lens, 5.3 megapixels, AF
assist, adaptive contrast enhancement, eye-start electronic viewfinder, AA
batteries, great ergonomics.

http://www.hp945.com/