Frosty Bamboo

Old November 3rd 04, 11:46 PM
SamMan

Default Frosty Bamboo

An image of my bamboo... http://www.psfdev.com/frostyBamboo.jpg (91k)

Location: Lincoln, NE, USA
Camera: Canon G2

I planted it this spring and it is loving its location. With some luck (and
mulch), it will survive our winter, which is supposed to be the coldest &
with the heaviest snow on record (according to the Farmers Almanac).

--
SamMan
Rip it to reply

Old November 4th 04, 02:10 AM
Bob Harrington

SamMan wrote:
An image of my bamboo... http://www.psfdev.com/frostyBamboo.jpg (91k)

Location: Lincoln, NE, USA
Camera: Canon G2

I planted it this spring and it is loving its location. With some
luck (and mulch), it will survive our winter, which is supposed to be
the coldest & with the heaviest snow on record (according to the
Farmers Almanac).

Beautiful photo!

However, based on my dad's experience with the 'Godzilla of weeddom'
(Weedzilla?) many years ago, if it ~does~ thrive you will need little
short of a nuclear bomb to ever get rid of it... =^}

Bob ^,,^

Old November 4th 04, 02:16 AM
Frank ess

SamMan wrote:
An image of my bamboo... http://www.psfdev.com/frostyBamboo.jpg (91k)

Location: Lincoln, NE, USA
Camera: Canon G2

I planted it this spring and it is loving its location. With some
luck (and mulch), it will survive our winter, which is supposed to be
the coldest & with the heaviest snow on record (according to the
Farmers Almanac).

Shoot.

Here I was looking forward to a glimpse of Anita Iceberg in her scanties

Old November 4th 04, 04:49 AM
Bob the Printer

"SamMan" wrote in message
An image of my bamboo... http://www.psfdev.com/frostyBamboo.jpg (91k)

Location: Lincoln, NE, USA
Camera: Canon G2

I planted it this spring and it is loving its location. With some luck
(and
mulch), it will survive our winter, which is supposed to be the coldest &
with the heaviest snow on record (according to the Farmers Almanac).

All you need now is a panda or two to eat it and keep it from
overspreading...:-)

Old November 4th 04, 07:18 AM
BJ

Perty and inviting. I tempts me to get out my chainsaw but we'll let it bask
for a little while yet.

Old November 4th 04, 11:44 AM
SamMan

"Bob Harrington" wrote in message
SamMan wrote:
An image of my bamboo... http://www.psfdev.com/frostyBamboo.jpg (91k)

Location: Lincoln, NE, USA
Camera: Canon G2

I planted it this spring and it is loving its location. With some
luck (and mulch), it will survive our winter, which is supposed to be
the coldest & with the heaviest snow on record (according to the
Farmers Almanac).

Beautiful photo!

However, based on my dad's experience with the 'Godzilla of weeddom'
(Weedzilla?) many years ago, if it ~does~ thrive you will need little
short of a nuclear bomb to ever get rid of it... =^}

Bob ^,,^

Actually, it is easier than you might think getting rid of bamboo. If you
keep cutting the shoots, the plant will run out of energy and the
rhizomes/plant will eventually die.

--
SamMan
Rip it to reply

Old November 4th 04, 11:48 AM
SamMan

"BJ" wrote in message
Perty and inviting. I tempts me to get out my chainsaw but we'll let it
bask for a little while yet.

The chainsaw may be a bit of overkill at this point... It is a very young
plant, and the culms are only about 1/2" in dia., and 6' tall (if they
hadn't be cut for shipping). In 2-5 years when the plant matures, the culms
will be close to 2" in dia., and 20'-30' tall. Then you may want to think
about oiling up your chainsaw!

--
SamMan
Rip it to reply

Old November 4th 04, 11:49 AM
SamMan

"Bob the Printer" wrote in message

"SamMan" wrote in message
An image of my bamboo... http://www.psfdev.com/frostyBamboo.jpg (91k)

Location: Lincoln, NE, USA
Camera: Canon G2

I planted it this spring and it is loving its location. With some luck
(and
mulch), it will survive our winter, which is supposed to be the coldest &
with the heaviest snow on record (according to the Farmers Almanac).

All you need now is a panda or two to eat it and keep it from
overspreading...:-)

"Zho Ling" is on order!
;-)

--