Canon a75 or Nikon 3200?

Old December 3rd 04, 03:47 PM
Yaro

Default Canon a75 or Nikon 3200?

What would you recommend? I need it for my brother. He likes making photos
with no hassle. Full auto. The quality is important but more important are
colours. He would like to have photos with nice vibrant bright colours
rather than good representation of reality. Maybe some Olympus or Fuji would
suit better. I have no Idea about cameras from this price range so please
help.

Yaro

Old December 3rd 04, 05:06 PM
Dave Cohen

The canon (don't know about others) has a vivid setting. I only ever used it
once to see what it does, tried it on some vibrant fall foliage. There is a
difference, this may be what you are looking for, but note you can get a
similar effect using photo editors.
Dave Cohen

Old December 3rd 04, 06:13 PM
BDB

After rebooting Windows, Yaro wrote:
What would you recommend? I need it for my brother. He likes making photos
with no hassle. Full auto. The quality is important but more important are
colours. He would like to have photos with nice vibrant bright colours
rather than good representation of reality. Maybe some Olympus or Fuji would
suit better. I have no Idea about cameras from this price range so please
help.

I selected the A75 specifically because I liked it's color reproduction best
for the price range. Here are some examples:

http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/ca.../gallery.shtml
Old December 3rd 04, 07:51 PM
Yaro

I selected the A75 specifically because I liked it's color reproduction

best
for the price range. Here are some examples:

http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/ca.../gallery.shtml

I really like that colours...
Thanks

Old December 3rd 04, 08:06 PM
Terence

"Yaro" wrote in message ...
What would you recommend? I need it for my brother. He likes making photos
with no hassle. Full auto. The quality is important but more important are
colours. He would like to have photos with nice vibrant bright colours
rather than good representation of reality. Maybe some Olympus or Fuji would
suit better. I have no Idea about cameras from this price range so please
help.

Yaro

What about the A75 and just use the VIVID color setting? I can't
comment on the 3200 since I've never used it.

Terence

Old December 4th 04, 11:07 AM
SgtRich

On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 15:47:14 -0000, "Yaro" wrote:

What would you recommend? I need it for my brother. He likes making photos
with no hassle. Full auto. The quality is important but more important are
colours. He would like to have photos with nice vibrant bright colours
rather than good representation of reality. Maybe some Olympus or Fuji would
suit better. I have no Idea about cameras from this price range so please
help.

I highly recommend the Canon PowerShot A75. Beside the excellent info on the
website that BDB gave you, C|Net lists this as a top pick in its class. I've
had mine for a couple of months and really like it. Although I'm a novice,
this camera was highly recommended for its options as experience is gained.
--
SgtRich
Chicago, Illinois, USA