Why you should AF fine-tune your lenses

Old September 29th 10, 08:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Superzooms Still Win

Default Why you should AF fine-tune your lenses

On Tue, 28 Sep 2010 12:55:50 -0700 (PDT), eNo
wrote:

Some food for thought he http://esfotoclix.com/blog1/?p=1265

I'll follow up with additional postings on this topic in the days to
come.

A good thing that I never invest in nor financially-support any technology
that is so shoddily inaccurate. When I take a photo I'd much rather walk
away with 10 out of 10 being in perfect focus, rather than 95 out of 100
being lost shots or useful to only 5"x3" print sizes due to such an archaic
and inaccurate focusing mechanism as phase-detection. My time and the
fleeting rare subjects that I photograph are much too valuable to risk to
phase-detection focusing guesstimations. Plus I get to focus in
light-levels so low that any optical phase-focusing system has become
totally useless long ago.

Enjoy trying to justify why you wasted your money.

Old September 29th 10, 08:41 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Tim Conway[_2_]

wrote:

Some food for thought he http://esfotoclix.com/blog1/?p=1265

I'll follow up with additional postings on this topic in the days to
come.

A good thing that I never invest in nor financially-support any technology
that is so shoddily inaccurate. When I take a photo I'd much rather walk
away with 10 out of 10 being in perfect focus, rather than 95 out of 100
being lost shots or useful to only 5"x3" print sizes due to such an
archaic
and inaccurate focusing mechanism as phase-detection. My time and the
fleeting rare subjects that I photograph are much too valuable to risk to
phase-detection focusing guesstimations. Plus I get to focus in
light-levels so low that any optical phase-focusing system has become
totally useless long ago.

Enjoy trying to justify why you wasted your money.

As others have said, "made you look".

Old September 29th 10, 08:47 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
LOL![_3_]

On Wed, 29 Sep 2010 15:41:48 -0400, "Tim Conway"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

Au contraire mon idiot. Thanks for reposting this to all that have stupidly
and inadvertently used their self-inducing-ignorance filters in order to
retain their bliss of ignorance attained by poking their own eyes out.