Speaking of Joel Meyerowitz...

Old October 19th 06, 11:35 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Matt Clara

Default Speaking of Joel Meyerowitz...

"John Emmons" wrote in message
I singled him out cause he's the biggest gorilla in the room. Some scumbag
selling an intrusive snapshop on Corbis or elsewhere clearly doesn't carry
the same weight as Meyerowitz or his publiser, Phaidon Press.

That's not me being arrogant or foolish, that's just reality.

John E.

If nothing else, I think it's clearly been established that most people
don't find him a "scumbag" for doing the work he does, just you and now,
apparently, Tom K.

Old October 19th 06, 04:21 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
John Emmons

It's been clearly established that I was asking some questions, which
generated some interesting answers.

No where did I imply or state that I thought that Mr. Meyerowitz is a
"scumbag", I just won't be buying his book.

John Emmons

. ..

Old October 29th 06, 01:57 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
marika

On Tue, 10 Oct 2006 13:47:35 -0400, Alan Browne
wrote:

John Emmons wrote:
I know he used a large format camera for much if not all of the work
featured in his latest book but...
Does anyone know if he or if Phaidon Press is donating any of the
proceeds
of the sales of his book to any of the various charities that have
sprung up
in the wake of Sept. 11?

I weigh in with those who wonder why you've singled out Meyerson? The
fellow does have to eat and probably has a few other bills to pay as
well. Likewise the publisher. There is no imperative to donate because
there was a disaster. Did abc/nbc/cbs/fox/papers/radios donate any of
their revenues during the months following the event?

do you work for that time co that merged w aol

I'm particularly referencing CNN and aol that benefitted from one of the
biggest stock frauds by overpricing the stock and asset values for
purposes of the merger. This was RIGHT around 911.

Same story as the above mentioned media companies but engaged in even
bigger manipulation of the times

It was certainly a "draw" for them making lots of advertising money...
(perhaps they did donate, I don't know, but if they donated millions it
would probably be proportionately much less than if Meyerson donated
$10K or even $100K).