Seeking a 'better' Seagull TLR manual

Old February 23rd 04, 01:59 AM
PoeticWax

Default Seeking a 'better' Seagull TLR manual

I've jumped-into medium format, after falling in love with film again.
I owe that new found love to the Lomo LC-A...

Armed with a light meter and a throbbing question-mark over my head, I
just shot my first 120 roll. I think I get it, but since all the
settings are manual, I would likely benefit from a better Chinese
interpretation than the one that came inserted in the
[hilariously-tacky] Seagull box.

I've searched Google, and haven't found any recent links for a Seagull
TLR [Model 4B,4B-1]. If you know of any links, please send them my
way.

Thanks in advance!

http://poeticwax.com/lomo
Old February 23rd 04, 04:41 AM
Peter Irwin

PoeticWax wrote:
I've jumped-into medium format, after falling in love with film again.
I owe that new found love to the Lomo LC-A...

Armed with a light meter and a throbbing question-mark over my head, I
just shot my first 120 roll. I think I get it, but since all the
settings are manual, I would likely benefit from a better Chinese
interpretation than the one that came inserted in the
[hilariously-tacky] Seagull box.

You might try looking for Rolleicord and Yashica TLR manuals.
Your Seagull won't be quite the same, but there will be a lot
of the basics in common.

Peter.

Old February 23rd 04, 07:49 AM
Dan

The Seagull TLR manual is scanned and posted in
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/asiaTLRphotography/

It can be found in the "photo" link. You have to join the club to access the
photo section.

m...

Old February 23rd 04, 12:41 PM
PoeticWax

Peter Irwin wrote in message ...
PoeticWax wrote:
I've jumped-into medium format, after falling in love with film again.
I owe that new found love to the Lomo LC-A...

Armed with a light meter and a throbbing question-mark over my head, I
just shot my first 120 roll. I think I get it, but since all the
settings are manual, I would likely benefit from a better Chinese
interpretation than the one that came inserted in the
[hilariously-tacky] Seagull box.

You might try looking for Rolleicord and Yashica TLR manuals.
Your Seagull won't be quite the same, but there will be a lot
of the basics in common.

Thanks Peter! I was reading about similarities last PM.
I'll look into that.
Alan
Old February 23rd 04, 12:43 PM
PoeticWax

"Dan" wrote in message ...
The Seagull TLR manual is scanned and posted in
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/asiaTLRphotography/

It can be found in the "photo" link. You have to join the club to access the
photo section.

Thanks Dan! I'm taking my first 120 in today *tear*. I'll see how
'off the mark' I am.

Alan
Old February 24th 04, 05:37 PM
PoeticWax

That's the same manual that came with the camera that I own... I
guess it's more clear now -- the Seagull is a basic camera, and
photography basics need to be applied. After shooting a few more
rolls, a feeling of competency sets-in.

Using a light meter really helps. ;-)

Alan