Pentax K7 the beginning of the end?

Old July 31st 09, 10:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Me

Default Pentax K7 the beginning of the end?

RichA wrote:
Here is one unlucky fellow.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=32529245

DPReview got three faulty pentax 55mm f1.4 DA lenses in a row when
testing the lens (link on the front page of their site now).

Andy Westlake from DP review comments:
"Over the past few years I've looked in some detail at a lot of lenses
from all manufacturers. From Pentax we've had a disproportionate number
of bad samples - most notably 16-50s and 17-70s - and they really need
to sort out their QC."
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=32551606

It could be just bad luck - perhaps all three lenses came from one
faulty production run. Whatever - there do /seem/ to be multiple
quality problems (and they seem credible - they don't all appear to be
malicious brand-bashing ). I hope Pentax get it sorted. Not commenting
about poor reviews is probably a good policy most of the time, but IMO
Pentax would be wise to swallow the frog on this one. DPReview claim 7
million visits / 200 million pages accessed per month.