RAW File Pentax *ist and Photoshop Elements

Old August 25th 04, 09:12 AM
Johan W. Elzenga

BobS wrote:

Thanks all. I did find the answer after I made this post but I don't see it
yet. My ISP must be having problems with the ng's cause usually I see my
posts seconds after I send them.

Anyway....the answer is, Elements only supports those plug-ins which are
compatible with the RGB format. I did read down thru the Adobe forums and
everyone agreed, the CS plug-in won't work. Then I went back to the Pentax
site and in their download section, there is a Raw plug-in that they made.
They only stated it worked with PhotoShop (didn't say CS or Elements) so I
downloaded it and low and behold - it worked....

In my other post I included the link to the Pentax download so if there are
any other *ist D owners out there wanting something better than the Pentax
Laboratory program, it is available on their site.

Why is it better than the Laboratory program? AFAIK, it's exactly the
same, but just as a PS plugin rather than the stand alone program. If
you really want something better, consider PhaseOne C1 SE. Not cheap,
but excellent.

--
Johan W. Elzenga johanatjohanfoto.nl
Editor / Photographer http://www.johanfoto.nl/
Old August 25th 04, 11:06 AM
Charlie Self

Johan Elzenga asks:

In my other post I included the link to the Pentax download so if there are
any other *ist D owners out there wanting something better than the Pentax
Laboratory program, it is available on their site.

Why is it better than the Laboratory program? AFAIK, it's exactly the
same, but just as a PS plugin rather than the stand alone program. If
you really want something better, consider PhaseOne C1 SE. Not cheap,
but excellent.

Because it is coordinated with ELements or PS? You don't have to switch
programs to work.

Charlie Self
"A judge is a law student who marks his own examination papers." H. L. Mencken