Hi-quality one-handed camera?

Old August 24th 04, 10:20 PM
Roland Karlsson

"Frank ess" wrote in news:J8mdnYS5dtOyO7bcRVn-
:

Bye-bye, formerly esteemed /Roland

And *plonk* to you.

/Roland

Old August 25th 04, 10:47 AM
Big Bill

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 02:48:22 GMT, fishfry
wrote:

You guys all serious? It's really not that difficult. I watch the road
through the viewfinder. When you zoom in it can be a little
disconcerting but you get used to it. Like anything else, it's about
practice.

Through the viewfinder? Are you serious?
Where's your periferal vision?

Bill Funk
Change "g" to "a"

Old August 25th 04, 12:22 PM
Big Bill

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 02:47:14 -0700, Big Bill wrote:

Through the viewfinder? Are you serious?
Where's your periferal vision?

Or your spelling of peripheral?

Bill Funk
Change "g" to "a"

Old August 25th 04, 01:45 PM
bob

Roland Karlsson wrote in
:

Mr Fishfry said he used the view finder. He even said he
zoomed while looking.

Now - you talk about safe handling. Where do you store the
camera when you are not photographing? How do you find it?
How do you position it so you get the correct hold of it?
What kind of stuff are you photographing? Do you think it
is important to catch certain shots? What happen if it is
taking some more seconds to take the shot than you planned?

I never take pictures while I'm driving, although I have taken pictures
while others were driving and the results are usually less than
spectacular.

I take many pictures from my (stopped) car (I photograph property for
clients). I leave the camera on the seat. I can pick it up and have it
ready to shoot in a moment by feel. I leave all the settings set and
allow it to time out. When I want to take a photo, I reach over and press
the shutter button to wake it. By the time I have the window down it is
ready.

In defence of Mr. Fishfry, he did not discuss the circumstances under
which he takes photos while driving. I think there would be a difference
between, for instance, downtown Washington D.C. or Interstate Highway
between New York and Boston, and US 17, 40 miles north of Florida. The
first two would probably be dangerous any time of any day, but the last
one really wouldn't. There's frequenly no traffic in sight, the road is
straight and level, and long stretches are uninhabited. Not much to take
pictures of without stopping, either... I've often thought it would be
handy to have a monocular to identify traffic on the horizon (not that
I'd acutally use one).

Bob

--
Delete the inverse SPAM to reply